Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Spectator etiquitte
12/31/19, 4:18 PM   #1
Spectator etiquitte
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb78 View Post
.........I definitely plan on returning next year in better seats. My one complaint is that the majority of the folks there must be on a night out with the family. They either don't care about racing or they only are there to see one class and so get up whenever they decide they need Dipping Dots or a pretzel regardless of whats on the track and what they are doing. I end up staring at someone's backside at the start of a race because they are letting someone else out of the row over and over again. Frustrating.
Unfortunately this happens just about everywhere now. Obviously, upbringing and lack of race spectator etiquette/knowledge. Us children learned at an early age, to be respectful of others, regardless of what class is on the track and were taught, unless its an ABSOLUTE Emergency, to NOT get up out of your seat, until the race (last car across the line) has been completed.
It may not be the class you are there to watch but you can bet there are others there just as interested in that race as you would be for yours. There is plenty of time to move out of your seat between races. Be a role model and show some respect. Let's think of others first. If you already do, just remind them, as have I, that they are NOT a window that I can see through.

Ok let the attacks begin!
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

12/31/19, 5:46 PM   #2
Re: Spectator etiquitte
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

All of the spectators at the events I attend practice perfect etiquette by always extending their pinky while chug a lugging their Bud lite!

12/31/19, 6:26 PM   #3
rmcar

Always liked sitting by someone who has to complain about the support classes that come out. These classes work just as hard prepping their cars. You may be seeing the next great driver if you stop and watch them run.

12/31/19, 6:32 PM   #4
Kinser11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1808 View Post
Unfortunately this happens just about everywhere now. Obviously, upbringing and lack of race spectator etiquette/knowledge. Us children learned at an early age, to be respectful of others, regardless of what class is on the track and were taught, unless its an ABSOLUTE Emergency, to NOT get up out of your seat, until the race (last car across the line) has been completed.
It may not be the class you are there to watch but you can bet there are others there just as interested in that race as you would be for yours. There is plenty of time to move out of your seat between races. Be a role model and show some respect. Let's think of others first. If you already do, just remind them, as have I, that they are NOT a window that I can see through.

Ok let the attacks begin!
My complaint is when someones rear, is larger then their reserve seat. I think everyone should be measured, and if your wider then, the reserve seat. You need to buy a extra seat.

If they can disqualify, Scott Bloomquist, for being under weight. Why should overweight people not be penalized?

12/31/19, 10:36 PM   #5
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinser11 View Post
My complaint is when someones rear, is larger then their reserve seat. I think everyone should be measured, and if your wider then, the reserve seat. You need to buy a extra seat.

If they can disqualify, Scott Bloomquist, for being under weight. Why should overweight people not be penalized?
Especially at DuQuoin indoors, those are some sardine seats.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, ronmil, tirespinner
1/1/20, 12:19 AM   #6
jim goerge

Maybe the practice from basketball should come back Throw a couple of elbows

1/1/20, 5:12 PM   #7
racenut69

Etiquitte in general,is a lost art...Google and You Tube don't teach that...JMO!....

1/1/20, 5:27 PM   #8
jdull99

My local hockey team pays people to control the crowd. U can't GO to your seat during play. But, I would imagine the ticket prices would go up if more people are on the payroll
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1 member likes this post: erich45
1/1/20, 5:52 PM   #9

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinser11 View Post

Can My skinny butt get in for half price then if I don't use my whole seat? I was at a track once that had a wooded box at the gate and if your cooler fit in it you could take it in. Maybe you could volunteer to monitor the spectator box. That would be interesting to watch.

the tracks really should do what Knoxville did and resize there reserved seat spacing.

1/1/20, 9:41 PM   #10
Bad Dad 54

Why I go to the pits get some body w/ a cowboy hat sit's in front of you, or they want your spot where have your feet so they can put theirs up, just a pain

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Spectator etiquitte