IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
chathamracefan (Offline)
  #31 8/18/19 9:01 AM
Not sure what the grandstand schedule was last night but often times the races have to be done by a certain time like 4 or so to allow the concert stage to be set up venue cleared out etc. I think the races are 2nd priority when it comes to those decisions.
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #32 8/18/19 12:51 PM
For the most part I think an early call is a good thing but it also sets up a lot of criticism from the rear view mirror. Like others I might have a chance to make it on the rescheduled date, wasn’t going to be there yesterday. Fingers crossed that the new date is successful!
2 Likes: Indy1808, rimrider69
Indy1808 (Offline)
  #33 8/18/19 1:00 PM
Originally Posted by spankytoo:
It is only 9 A.M. and you can't prep the track? I CALL B.S.!!!
Wow !?!
Back her down there.
This is a mile track not a quarter mile or a half.
Jeez...we’re lucky to have Track enterprises to help keep these races going. Disrespectful and Ungrateful...smh..

Peace & love to all.
God bless our Troops at home and abroad.
INDY1808 SEE YOU AT THE RACES !
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing
3 Likes: dirt330, flagboy55, mc/rider
openwheelfan1 (Online)
  #34 8/18/19 1:48 PM
Originally Posted by chathamracefan:
Not sure what the grandstand schedule was last night but often times the races have to be done by a certain time like 4 or so to allow the concert stage to be set up venue cleared out etc. I think the races are 2nd priority when it comes to those decisions.
Per the Illinois State Fair site, there was a concert scheduled on the main stage on the front stretch for 8 PM August 17. Gates for the concert were to open @ 6:30 I think. Seating on the track front stretch was an option. I don’t know how long it would take to set up seating on the front stretch, but it certainly time constrains when the race must be completed.