IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IL State Fair Racing 8/17 USAC Silver Crown 8/18 ARCA
8/18/19, 9:01 AM   #31
chathamracefan

Not sure what the grandstand schedule was last night but often times the races have to be done by a certain time like 4 or so to allow the concert stage to be set up venue cleared out etc. I think the races are 2nd priority when it comes to those decisions.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/18/19, 12:51 PM   #32
flagboy55

For the most part I think an early call is a good thing but it also sets up a lot of criticism from the rear view mirror. Like others I might have a chance to make it on the rescheduled date, wasn’t going to be there yesterday. Fingers crossed that the new date is successful!

2 members like this post: Indy1808, rimrider69
8/18/19, 1:00 PM   #33
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankytoo View Post
It is only 9 A.M. and you can't prep the track? I CALL B.S.!!!
Wow !?!
Back her down there.
This is a mile track not a quarter mile or a half.
Jeez...we’re lucky to have Track enterprises to help keep these races going. Disrespectful and Ungrateful...smh..
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

3 members like this post: dirt330, flagboy55, mc/rider
8/18/19, 1:48 PM   #34
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chathamracefan View Post
Not sure what the grandstand schedule was last night but often times the races have to be done by a certain time like 4 or so to allow the concert stage to be set up venue cleared out etc. I think the races are 2nd priority when it comes to those decisions.
Per the Illinois State Fair site, there was a concert scheduled on the main stage on the front stretch for 8 PM August 17. Gates for the concert were to open @ 6:30 I think. Seating on the track front stretch was an option. I don’t know how long it would take to set up seating on the front stretch, but it certainly time constrains when the race must be completed.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IL State Fair Racing 8/17 USAC Silver Crown 8/18 ARCA