IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Knoxville Nationals
8/5/19, 8:59 PM   #1
The Knoxville Nationals
flagboy55

Yes ladies and gentlemen it’s time once again for the biggest dirt track race in the world. I think it’s going to be awfully interesting this week. Brad Sweet the defending champ has had a heck of a year so far and will likely be the favorite, but I doubt it will be uncontested. Gravel with a big win last night in the Cappy, but Brian Brown has looked very good too. I’m hoping Sheldon can duplicate the butt whooping he put on at the Iron Man Saturday. Young Gio Scelzi has been stout recently also and I think Aaron Reutzel could be in the mix too. Would love to hear your thoughts

2 members like this post: fishnman, jdull99
8/5/19, 9:28 PM   #2
IndianaSprintFan

Not to big of a wing fan but something about this week turns me into one. You know Donny will be right there come Saturday night. I’m gonna have to pack up and go one year!

2 members like this post: flagboy55, spicoli
8/5/19, 9:36 PM   #3
huskermudd

I went a couple of years ago when Jason Johnson won the last couple of laps were exciting but the rest was follow the leader racing was ok but the atmosphere with that many people was cool

2 members like this post: flagboy55, PIT CART
8/5/19, 9:46 PM   #4
openwheelfan1

We’ll be there starting Wednesday night. It is definitely going to be interesting this year. Looking forward to it.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
8/5/19, 10:55 PM   #5
arctic monkey21

I will be there the last two nights. I expect it to come down to Larson, Sweet and Schatz again this year. Logan Schuchart and David Gravel should be right in the mix as well.

3 members like this post: cornerthree, flagboy55, jdull99
8/5/19, 11:01 PM   #6
Re: The Knoxville Nationals
Daisy's dad

Not taking a shot at the Knoxville Nationals, since that was the highlight of my racing year way back when. I attended all of them from 1976 through 1992. Some time after that, I discovered Indiana Sprint Week, and have attended at least 15, including the past 7 years in a row, since I bought my RV. My sketchy records show the first time may have been 1999, but that might have been an SCRA swing through the midwest, so I may be exaggerating by 1, or may have attended more between '92 and then. Knoxville may be closer to me, living in Mesa, AZ, but in my opinion, ISW hands down beats the Nationals. By the way, I did leave 2 weeks earlier for Indiana this year so I could take in the non-winged Corn Belt Nationals in Knoxville, so I have nothing against the track.....I just lost interest in winged racing after seeing the alternative.

8/5/19, 11:58 PM   #7
chathamracefan

Heading that way Wednesday. Did 2 nights in 2017 and the full deal last year. Racing is so intense. The atmosphere is incredible.

2 members like this post: Big Mike 7, flagboy55
8/7/19, 12:32 PM   #8
flagboy55

Stacked field tonight, ought to be intense

8/7/19, 1:41 PM   #9
wright59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy's dad View Post
Not taking a shot at the Knoxville Nationals, since that was the highlight of my racing year way back when. I attended all of them from 1976 through 1992. Some time after that, I discovered Indiana Sprint Week, and have attended at least 15, including the past 7 years in a row, since I bought my RV. My sketchy records show the first time may have been 1999, but that might have been an SCRA swing through the midwest, so I may be exaggerating by 1, or may have attended more between '92 and then. Knoxville may be closer to me, living in Mesa, AZ, but in my opinion, ISW hands down beats the Nationals. By the way, I did leave 2 weeks earlier for Indiana this year so I could take in the non-winged Corn Belt Nationals in Knoxville, so I have nothing against the track.....I just lost interest in winged racing after seeing the alternative.
Who cares if you don’t like it!! Nobody asked

2 members like this post: motorhead748, PIT CART
8/7/19, 2:36 PM   #10
Re: The Knoxville Nationals
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wright59 View Post
Who cares if you don’t like it!! Nobody asked
He has a right to his opinion too. Chill out, beauty is in the eye of the beholder

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Knoxville Nationals