IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sterling Cling?
11/8/19, 5:44 AM   #1
Sterling Cling?
Hubie

What in the World?

One of the dumbest things I have ever seen. Hope JMac is OK, because it did not look like he was OK. I think he slammed his gourd into the front of the cage.

11/8/19, 8:18 AM   #2
chathamracefan

That one makes the case for needing some good ole pit justice. Put a knot on his head maybe he won’t drive like that again. Glad J Mac got out under his own power

2 members like this post: PJ Wright, tirespinner
11/8/19, 9:18 AM   #3
Tom23

Went to a Sprint car race and a Midget race broke out.

11/8/19, 10:09 AM   #4
Re: Sterling Cling?
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Id say he ran out of talent, no way he was going to make that run and still hold the line.

That's not what Im upset about. I really couldn't tell what was going on at the accident site with JMAC. But replay and I even seen it in the live feed his whole upper body flailed around and his head hit either the cage or the wheel. He was slumped over. And two or three guys casually got to the car. THEN HAD HIM GET OUT ON HIS OWN. No backboard etc.

I could be totally wrong and jason mght have said, I got it. IDK but good safety teams would have asked or demanded he take precautions like a backboard removal. As it was Jason could barely stand on his own and sat on the track for a bit. then went to the hospital.

Hope Im wrong, Hope Jmac is ok, he sat out Burg due to concussion.
Hope Im also wrong that the crew wasn't taking every precaution necessary. Like I said. I don't know and you can't make a driver stay put.

3 members like this post: Hubie, PJ Wright, SDHill89
11/8/19, 1:19 PM   #5
jdeuel87

Same kid that put one of Arizona's best into retirement with injuries after plowing into disabled car at full throttle when the YELLOW was out

11/8/19, 1:22 PM   #6
badcoupe

Yea not fond of him, he tore a lot of stuff at cb last year. What I’ve seen of him in a sprint this year wasn’t the best either

11/8/19, 1:32 PM   #7
Eric Smith

Today's protocol is to allow people to "self extricate" from traumatic incidents if they are able. Put a cervical collar on them and let them get out on their own if they can. Backboards are only for carrying. If you have to use a backboard to carry someone, take them off the backboard when you get to where you had to carry them to. I'm not saying anything about the situation or the skill and knowledge of the safety crew, just saying what medicine says today.

5 members like this post: flagboy55, Jim Gardner, sprint948, sprintracer82, tirespinner
11/8/19, 1:49 PM   #8
badcoupe

Any video of this crash?

2 members like this post: jdull99, tirespinner
11/8/19, 2:01 PM   #9
erich45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeuel87 View Post
Same kid that put one of Arizona's best into retirement with injuries after plowing into disabled car at full throttle when the YELLOW was out
Missed that story. Can you provide details?

3 members like this post: Hubie, jdull99, tirespinner
11/8/19, 2:10 PM   #10
jonboat15

It was a really bad mistake by Cling, might be better for everyone if he sat out the rest of the weekend. Glad to see J Mac get out after watching him getting bounced around in the cockpit. I know belts stretch upon impact but that was pretty scary.

2 members like this post: Hubie, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sterling Cling?