IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Du Quoin Jr. Knepper 55
11/27/19, 11:55 AM   #11
Re: Du Quoin Jr. Knepper 55
racenut69

Any truth to the rumors of the rental costs for the building being raised?.....

11/27/19, 12:09 PM   #12
Re: Du Quoin Jr. Knepper 55
ISF

This is very disappointing for those of us who have little to no inclination towards schlepping around downtown St. Louis only to set through hour upon hour of racing divisions we have no particular interest in.

Me thinks it's the dome thing being scheduled on the traditional weekend of the Knepper 55 that put the kibosh on it. Very sad that this happened to a great pre-Christmas racing event that we looked forward to every year!

Oh well, time marches on, I reckon.

4 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, mc/rider, Pat O'Connor Fan
11/30/19, 10:29 PM   #13
55fan

Truly a shame. Jr Knepper deserves to have Usac and Powri to honor him with memorial's. The Knepper family has been a staple in midwest midget racing since long before this old man was born. Jr was successful across the 3 open wheel divisions of USAC.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Du Quoin Jr. Knepper 55