IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Four crown rating
9/29/19, 8:26 PM   #11
Re: Four crown rating
duel

These are marathon evenings since the Tony has decided to shove the allstars down our throats the last 3 or 4 years. No track prep all night. It was like the 4 crowns presented by the allstars. When they started having the 1/4 midgets at little e the crowds started getting much larger. Just too much to run in one night. Racing was ok. Way way slow track.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, tamati, tirespinner
9/29/19, 9:13 PM   #12
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedFan2019 View Post
Silver Crown- 3/10 boring to me personally, One line and slow racing, not that slow is bad there was just very minimal passing, Sunshine was coming but ran into a spin out car, Overall an 8/10, good night overall.
Cottle was in the middle and fast. One more yellow and he would have fought for the win. For me personally I thought it was the second best A of the evening after the midgets.

Cottle 24th to 5th
Westfall 27th to 7th

2 members like this post: tirespinner, t_inmyface
9/29/19, 9:39 PM   #13
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Midgets were the best followed by the Silver Crown.

2 members like this post: speed bump, tirespinner
9/30/19, 5:09 AM   #14
tamati

Woo on Friday Usacs national divisions on Saturday theres your 4 crowns. Don't stuff the allstars down our throats, I don't think Roger touched the all day Saturday. But it was a nice winged track. Dry and slick.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, duel, tirespinner
9/30/19, 10:19 AM   #15
ossuks

No part of this is mint to be negative...AND I'M SURE that this puts me in the minority , so here is my take. In the last 2 weeks the USAC cars have been at Huabstaut, Gas City, and Eldora....at Gas city you get a small track , that is always reworked just before the feature, thus, you get a hammer down , everyone is fast , hard to pass track, about lap 20 the tack comes in and you get 10 laps of great racing! Haubstaut , same thing plus they throw in free tractor parade!! That is the normal characteristics of these 2 facilities!! When you go to Eldora you get a totally different game...You know what your getting before you go, just like the 2 tracks already mentioned. At Eldora, one time a year you get to see something unique!!! 4 classes for a really solid gate price ( good deal seeing 4 complete shows for the price of 11/2) ! AND YOU KNOW what the track conditions will be!!! I like the character that Eldora has, the up on the fence, banging the wall, bravado and talent together!! Throw in the speed, and don't **** yourself they are going fast, the ever present danger of making a mistake that can be BIG! Those complaining they are going slow, I guarantee you that they are still way faster when the track is up on the wall with a slim cushion then they are going when they are hammer down at Gas City or Haubstaut !
Now one suggestion...Run the Wing feature last, then you will have enough track left for the Silver Crown, and all the rubber the wingers could ever want!

9/30/19, 1:09 PM   #16
bighd0522

Wish they would start a couple hours earlier,already no what kind of track your going to see so at least get on the road a little earlier! Thought racing was good for the way the track is now!

4 members like this post: duel, fourteen fan, miledirt, tirespinner
9/30/19, 10:33 PM   #17
flagboy55

I’m just sad it’s over 😭
More to come

2 members like this post: Kydehart, tirespinner
9/30/19, 11:48 PM   #18
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourteen fan View Post
Was there both nights. Overall 8/10.
Friday, SC put on a show during hot laps. WOO, boring heats, feature was good. Logan in traffic reminded me of how good Kinser was in traffic.

Saturday, even with everyone locked in the midget feature, they raced like crazy during the heats!! And the feature was awesome. Nw show was good too, SC feature was ok. All Stars just two locked down.

Wish they would drop the All Stars on Saturday, make it just USAC. Not sure how they could work the 4 crown part of it though.
Yea, heats were good. This is what I don't get about USAC format (not that it hasn't been mentioned before): If everybody qualifies (which often happens in Eastern Storm too), there's not much point to the heats, other than making the top 6 inversion. Since lineup is based on qualifying times, 1st is no better than 5th in heat & 6th is no better than last, no? So they go like hell in qualifying & take it easy in the heat... but in this case, they didn't. Very confusing....

10/1/19, 12:19 AM   #19
robert gatten

Good racing ,all 4 divisions. No complaints..enjoyed the evening.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, dirt330, tirespinner, TNRustler
10/1/19, 10:31 PM   #20
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Yea, heats were good. This is what I don't get about USAC format (not that it hasn't been mentioned before): If everybody qualifies (which often happens in Eastern Storm too), there's not much point to the heats, other than making the top 6 inversion. Since lineup is based on qualifying times, 1st is no better than 5th in heat & 6th is no better than last, no? So they go like hell in qualifying & take it easy in the heat... but in this case, they didn't. Very confusing....
The heat races pay points, so the regulars are going after points, and I think only top 4 were eligible to make the invert.

So 4th and 5th could be a difference in starting on the pole or being back part of top 10 or so for some.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Four crown rating