IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > FAIRBURY, IL. July 6. POWRi Midgets, MOWA Sprint, LM, & Mods
6/30/19, 10:19 PM   #1
FAIRBURY, IL. July 6. POWRi Midgets, MOWA Sprint, LM, & Mods
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Fairbury American Legion Speedway
Fairbury, Illinois

http://www.fairburyspeedway.com

Saturday, July 6th 2019
Lucas Oil POWRi National Midgets - POWRi Midget Payout
Built Ford Tought MOWA Wing Sprints - MOWA Payout
UMP Super Late Models - $2,500 to win & $300 to start. 30 laps - Weekly
UMP DIRTcar Modifieds - $1,500 to win & $175 to start. 25 laps - weekly

Pit Pass - $35.00
Grandstands - $25.00

REST OF RACE NIGHT INFORMATION IS ON TRACK WEBSITE

2 members like this post: Augie, tirespinner
6/30/19, 10:47 PM   #2
Re: FAIRBURY, IL. July 6. POWRi Midgets, MOWA Sprint, LM, &
hoosier race fan

That’s one hell of a lineup.

2 members like this post: nathans1012, tirespinner
7/1/19, 10:34 AM   #3
ISF

They haven't cancelled this yet? It's less than 2 weeks away with a long term projection of possible rain!

2 members like this post: oppweld, tirespinner
7/1/19, 10:57 AM   #4
racenut69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
They haven't cancelled this yet? It's less than 2 weeks away with a long term projection of possible rain!

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/1/19, 11:23 AM   #5
nathans1012

Quote:
Not really funny when it's not the same people promoting the track and had nothing to do with last years b.s.
I do agree it was b.s. but you can't change the past.
Had a good show with WOO Sprints there about a month ago.
Current Promoter and Majority owner was the World Of Outlaws Late Model Series Director last year Matt Curl.
Don't blame him for mistakes of the previous promoter.
Also note that the Sprint Mania event is not on the schedule.
I'd be willing to bet it will be a good show.
The only thing bad is the folks in that area are late model folks.
Last years show was good except for the few red flags.
Had about 40 or so wing sprints there last year and about 24 or so midgets.
Track routinely puts on one of the best and most anticipated shows in the country each year with the World Of Outlaws Late Model Series sanctioned Prairie Dirt Classic at the end of July.
Hope this weekend is good a there is the exciting racing Fairbury is more then capable of producing.
Like one person said a few weeks ago on the WOO Sprint thread a USAC Sprint Car show there would be awesome.
Last edited by nathans1012; 7/1/19 at 11:26 AM.

7/1/19, 1:29 PM   #6
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
Not really funny when it's not the same people promoting the track and had nothing to do with last years b.s.
I do agree it was b.s. but you can't change the past.
Had a good show with WOO Sprints there about a month ago.
Current Promoter and Majority owner was the World Of Outlaws Late Model Series Director last year Matt Curl.
Don't blame him for mistakes of the previous promoter.
Also note that the Sprint Mania event is not on the schedule.
I'd be willing to bet it will be a good show.
The only thing bad is the folks in that area are late model folks.
Last years show was good except for the few red flags.
Had about 40 or so wing sprints there last year and about 24 or so midgets.
Track routinely puts on one of the best and most anticipated shows in the country each year with the World Of Outlaws Late Model Series sanctioned Prairie Dirt Classic at the end of July.
Hope this weekend is good a there is the exciting racing Fairbury is more then capable of producing.
Like one person said a few weeks ago on the WOO Sprint thread a USAC Sprint Car show there would be awesome.
Oh, it's funny alright. Just not to those who were left holding the bag two weeks ahead of time last October.

Just curious, are you a member of the FALS PR staff?

It's duly noted that Sprint Mania isn't scheduled this year. For several very good reasons.

Just curious again. Since you seem quite learned on all things FALS, are the open wheel divisions the support classes or the headliners? It's a safe bet that 90% of the backstretch crowd will consider them a waste of time 'till the "mud taxi's" appear!

Since we live close to Fairbury we'd probably attend this deal at FALS if not for something going on out west at Knoxville, Iowa. There will be virtually zero ambiguity as to who the headliner is!
Last edited by ISF; 7/1/19 at 1:31 PM.

2 members like this post: oppweld, tirespinner
7/1/19, 2:03 PM   #7
nathans1012

Quote:
Oh, it's funny alright. Just not to those who were left holding the bag two weeks ahead of time last October.

Just curious, are you a member of the FALS PR staff?

It's duly noted that Sprint Mania isn't scheduled this year. For several very good reasons.

Just curious again. Since you seem quite learned on all things FALS, are the open wheel divisions the support classes or the headliners? It's a safe bet that 90% of the backstretch crowd will consider them a waste of time 'till the "mud taxi's" appear!

Since we live close to Fairbury we'd probably attend this deal at FALS if not for something going on out west at Knoxville, Iowa. There will be virtually zero ambiguity as to who the headliner is!
We've raced at FALS a lot the past few years with are Mod and the current promoter treats folks with respect. I understand how you feel I planned on going as well last year. The midgets and sprints are the headliner divisions. As far as I'm concerned it's one of the best tracks in the Midwest and I believe they will only get better under Matt Curl. I really don't have a favorite class to watch as I like them all. Should be a good show. Would love to see a USAC Sprint Car show there. I'd be willing to bet most of the fans would change their tune and opinion on open wheel racing. Hope the turn out is good for both the sprints and midgets on Saturday as I plan on being there to watch. Enjoy the show at Knoxville. That's another bucket list track for me.

4 members like this post: ISF, oppweld, sprint72, tirespinner
7/1/19, 3:32 PM   #8
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
We've raced at FALS a lot the past few years with are Mod and the current promoter treats folks with respect. I understand how you feel I planned on going as well last year. The midgets and sprints are the headliner divisions. As far as I'm concerned it's one of the best tracks in the Midwest and I believe they will only get better under Matt Curl. I really don't have a favorite class to watch as I like them all. Should be a good show. Would love to see a USAC Sprint Car show there. I'd be willing to bet most of the fans would change their tune and opinion on open wheel racing. Hope the turn out is good for both the sprints and midgets on Saturday as I plan on being there to watch. Enjoy the show at Knoxville. That's another bucket list track for me.
As you might guess we have a favorite class of race car but they will never race at Fairbury. After the USAC Silver Crown division all other classes are equal in our personal rankings of enjoyment. Since we live very close we have attended more events at Fairbury than any other track. We were a part time crew member on a many time FALS dirt late model track championship team back in the mid to late 1980's into the early 1990's and FALS has a long reputation for being respectful and considerate to their competitors that by all indications and to their credit, remains solid to this day.

You're spot on in your evaluation that FALS is easily the best dirt late model track in Illinois at a time when other dirt late model tracks in the Illini State are struggling and a few mainstay facilities are actually closing. Of the tracks within driving distance of us I would only rank LPS and Kokomo ahead of FALS. So yes, it's in lofty company.

In regards to FALS regular's changing their mind's if the USAC National Sprints came to town..........not in a million years. I've hung around FALS for decades. The clientele is uber tribal. Anything that doesn't have fenders, a carburetor and ride 2' higher on the left side than right ain't ever gonna' appeal much to the backstretch bunch, no way-no how. The push & flips, as they are commonly referred to, are not likely to change those deeply held sentiments even if there were a half dozen haymaker sliders thrown every lap on both ends of the track!

Have a great time at Fairbury this weekend and may the rain stay in the clouds 'till after the racin' is done!

2 members like this post: nathans1012, tirespinner
7/1/19, 5:32 PM   #9
miledirt

With all respect to LPS, I would put FALS right there with it

7/1/19, 6:09 PM   #10
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
With all respect to LPS, I would put FALS right there with it
Can't disagree. Definitely too close to be considered anything but a judgement call either way, MD.

2 members like this post: miledirt, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > FAIRBURY, IL. July 6. POWRi Midgets, MOWA Sprint, LM, & Mods