IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS midget week show
6/18/10, 1:05 PM   #11
Re: LPS midget week show
dirtduster

It really made no sense running 2 b mains for the sprints and I could have did without the fireworks as well but the track was great and it was excellent racing.I was really hoping DD would pull off the double and I think he would have if for not banging the cushion and flattening his tire.And don't even get me started on that flagman up there again.He does something stupid every week.Bring back Hodde!

6/18/10, 2:16 PM   #12
graybeard

Hats off to the BIG CAT winning one for the ROCKET. How SWEET it is!!!!!!!

2 members like this post: JCC, Jerry Shaw
6/18/10, 2:28 PM   #13
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O. View Post

Great fireworks again, only took 6 minutes, plus another 10 for the lights to come back on. But worth the time.
I agree with all you said but this one thing. It was a weeknite and you had a guaranteed great crowd. Fireworks drew zero people last nite, the racing is what drew them in. That race was good enough to stand on its own. Save the fireworks for a night that you need help with the crowd. Besides that it was a great night

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
6/18/10, 5:10 PM   #14
IanB

My second time at LPS in 10 years and congrats again to all.

Racing was great , car count was good , track was great for the midget feature.
Felt very sorry for Dave Darland who put on a hell of a display of running the cushion only to loose the RR.

Fireworks blew my eyebrows off !

6/18/10, 5:20 PM   #15
racer58

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O. View Post
a Greaat night but can't understand how 21 Midget can run a semi and it takes 2 semi's for the sprint cars? 2 races of 7 cars?

How about the flagman trowing the checkerd in the middle of a heat. Then later dropping the yellow flag. Haven't seen that for a long time.

Great fireworks again, only took 6 minutes, plus another 10 for the lights to come back on. But worth the time.

Most important was the number of true race fans who stayed andd watched the modified race. There was a bunch who enjoyed another great modified event at LPS.

It all happens again July 24 with Usac Sprints for "The Night before the Brickyard.com 40.

Hope to see everybody there again plus all of your friends.

Joe Spiker told me afterwards that it was a large crowd but not his largest of the year. I find this hard to believe but he said the IOW/Racinwithdo-Fest crowd was larger???? Either way a nice bunch of seats where filled.

See everybody at LPS on Saturday!!

D.O.
The shooter on the grassy knoll last night in turn 1.
I agree the flag man had a rough night. I missed what exactly happened when the car flipped on the restart. The driver was not happy with the flag man. I saw one to go on the lap before but was not looking at the flag man, I assume he did not throw the green, even though every one started to take off. Overall a gook night of racing.

6/18/10, 5:36 PM   #16
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I won't be sitting pitside again as sun was blinding up till third sprint heat However the track was stellar all night, never had to touch it.

Racing was great but I think the USAC midget week format needs tweeking. Group Quals just suck to view. One man, one car. one track!

Four ten car heats for eight laps, Comeon. We came to see racing not demo derbys. Add some laps or add a heat. Sheesh.

Had no problem myself with the sprint format. Good show.

Chuck

6/19/10, 12:23 PM   #17
Poorboyjocko

Much better track than in the years past. One B main would of been enough for the sprint cars. I think LPS should help Hunter S. on some parts for their car since they were the reason that crash occured

Phil Poor

6/19/10, 1:16 PM   #18
Motormasher

Seems funny to me how someone always has a ***** about something.

Sounds like a great night of racing.

What some of you don't realize is that teams need time to work on there cars etc. The fireworks were probably scheduled to keep fans entertained while track prep was done etc.

If you all want a scheduled time to go home go to the movies or wait for the video to come out.

6/19/10, 1:40 PM   #19
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
I hear ya, I packed it in during the fireworks and gained about 1.5 hrs sleep before the alarm went off this morning. Shame but thats what pays the bills to go to the races.
15 minutes worth of fireworks gained you 1 1/2 hr. sleep.bull hockey.never heard so many people raise hell about 15 min.

1 member likes this post: D.O.
6/19/10, 1:45 PM   #20
D.O.

USAC coming to LPS was an EVENT not just a race and that is why Joe Spiker had fireworks that night. It wasn't to bring anymore people to the track it was to show USAC that LPS welcomes USAC and their fans and drivers.
If the fireworks were to draw people to the track I would think LPS would of promoted that fact around the area so the local would come.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS midget week show