IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RRE taps Chett Gherke for new ASCS Midget program
9/1/09, 6:03 PM   #1
RRE taps Chett Gherke for new ASCS Midget program
Revolution Racing

SEPTEMBER 1, 2009

Revolution Racing Engines, San Miguel, CA is pleased to announce that 25 year old Chett Gherke of Broken Arrow, OK. will be recieving factory support for his entry into the 2010 ASCS Sooner region Midget Series. Gherke is the 2007 USAC Indiana Focus Midget pavement series Champion. He also placed second in the 2007 USAC Midwest Focus series, a combination dirt/pavement program in which he won all 5 of the dirt events. Chett will pilot the same BEAST combo car that carried him to success up in Indiana, only this time around the car will be fitted with the lighter, more powerful RRE Chevy ECOtec.

The RRE Chevy ECOtec features an all new approach to Midget Engine construction including a state of the art electronic engine management system offering more power, less weight, and more reliability for the dollar than conventional designs. The ECOtec package serves as the foundation for the new ASCS2 Midget Series, with regions launching in Northern California with the BCRA-hosted ASCS Bay Cities region, as well as the ASCS Sooner region in Oklahoma.

The program kicks off with a bang in January, with a full slate of action scheduled for the annual Tulsa Shootout. From there, several competitors plan to try their hand against the best Midget Racers on the planet at the annual Chili Bowl. Spring of 2010 brings a full schedule of races in OK/TX as well as Northern California. For more information about the RRE Chevy ECOtec, contact Keith Iaia at RRE 805-467-3424. For more information about the ASCS2 Midget series contact the ASCS office at 918-838-5517.

9/1/09, 6:13 PM   #2
Re: RRE taps Chett Gherke for new ASCS Midget program
USAC Fan

Don Moore in 3, 2, 1.....

9/1/09, 6:19 PM   #3
Andrew S. Quinn

Go get em Chett!!

He's a one man driving machine.

I miss watching him race here in Indiana.

9/1/09, 6:50 PM   #4
darnall

I only remember seeing Chett race once, but I will never forget it...

Damn near won rookie night at the Chili Bowl, I think it was the 2008 edition, driving that same Beast combo car. The left rear torsion stop had either stripped out or fallen off. Under yellow the frame was dragging the ground. If memory serves he was running a focus motor as well. Ran second by inches, passed for the lead at one point but lost it in traffic to a motor with twice as much HP.

The dude is a shoe! Congrats Chett!!

9/1/09, 9:15 PM   #5
griffithracing

no one deserves this more than Chett! Nice guy, and one hell of a Driver, wrecher, mechanic,crew cheif, and race manager!! He can do it all!
Last edited by griffithracing; 9/1/09 at 9:16 PM.

9/2/09, 4:05 PM   #6
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnall View Post
I only remember seeing Chett race once, but I will never forget it...

Damn near won rookie night at the Chili Bowl, I think it was the 2008 edition, driving that same Beast combo car. The left rear torsion stop had either stripped out or fallen off. Under yellow the frame was dragging the ground. If memory serves he was running a focus motor as well. Ran second by inches, passed for the lead at one point but lost it in traffic to a motor with twice as much HP.

The dude is a shoe! Congrats Chett!!
Yeah he just barely squeaked it into the A- main,started 16th and had the lead at one point. I asked him after the race what he was running for a motor,and in his usual humble self (no beating around the bush with fake answers here) he said he was running the Focus engine,and do you want me to start it up for you?

As I said earlier,he is a one man driving machine!

9/2/09, 4:12 PM   #7
Kirk Spridgeon

Great news! Chett wants to race bad, and he's had to pinch plenty of pennies to get out on the track. I was excited to see him get a ride for Belleville, and this is pretty cool too...

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RRE taps Chett Gherke for new ASCS Midget program