IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 crown
9/24/23, 12:59 AM   #1
4 crown
IndianaSprintFan

Rank them, Jack Kyle and Logan…… we will just assume the original mod was there on the nights for Kyle and Logan. What impressed everyone the most

4 members like this post: CRA91, flagboy55, LUCKYONE
9/25/23, 3:55 PM   #2
Re: 4 crown
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSprintFan View Post
Rank them, Jack Kyle and Logan…… we will just assume the original mod was there on the nights for Kyle and Logan. What impressed everyone the most
Jack by a land slide...Hampshire would have been there with the wing on the 63 and if it was like todays 4 Crown, I personally think Jack would have won it too but it was with a modified...Jack is the ONLY true 4 Crown event winner period. To beat what Jack Hewitt you would have to win ALL 4 on Saturday!!
As far as Kyle and Logan...they are 3 class winners not 4...Jack Hewitt 4 Crown Champion

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

Last edited by Wayne Davis; 9/25/23 at 4:01 PM. Reason: spelling

9/25/23, 4:26 PM   #3
kb78

Logan was impressive Saturday and I don't want to take anything away from that, he was easily the best car on the track in the midget and Champ car and drove away. Grant was better in the sprint but Seavey is a master of running the cushion and that along with starting on the front row sealed the deal. That being said;

Hewitt entered four classes and won all four.
Larson entered three and won all three his first time ever seeing the place
Seavey entered four classes and won three of them.

I am not sure that winning all four will ever be done again, there are very few drivers that are equally as good in a winged sprint at Eldora as they are in a wingless version, and if they are, they don't enter all four. Seavey has shown promise in a winged car but his program is not yet up to snuff. Courtney and Bacon would have a legitimate shot. As great as Jack Hewitt was in all of the non-wing cars at Eldora he wasn't that good in the winged sprints there. I think he only won a couple of All-Star races and I don't believe he ever won an Outlaw race or a big money show.

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
9/25/23, 4:58 PM   #4
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb78 View Post
As great as Jack Hewitt was in all of the non-wing cars at Eldora he wasn't that good in the winged sprints there. I think he only won a couple of All-Star races and I don't believe he ever won an Outlaw race or a big money show.
Ah....but he did win there in a wing car...like it or not it will AWAYS be up for debate...As of right now Hewitt is the ONLY 4-Crown with 4 A-Main wins in the same day and in my book....that puts him 1 checkered flag about the other 2 Larson and Seavey

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

9/25/23, 7:16 PM   #5
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Wish they would go back to modifieds. I know they won’t but the winged sprint races were terrible until the last few laps of the A-main when the leader inevitably gets help up in traffic. That doesn’t make for a good show in my book.

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Hubie48, John P Huss, oppweld, Wayne Davis
9/25/23, 7:52 PM   #6
Forrest

Hey guys,
I don’t have a dog in the fight but I read this forums and I think they are good thing to help racing get better. I try to follow Logan seems like a good dude and a hard racer. I’m sure everyone has their opinions and that is perfectly fine. I would just like to add mine.
Logan won 3 races in one night. Seems like a hell of a feat. If he or anyone only won 2 races would it even be a topic? Sounds like he is having a great year and it all started at the chili bowl. So what I’m trying to say is it’s impossible to say what anyone did was better.
Congratulations to Logan on a great weekend and hopefully more to come.

9/25/23, 8:59 PM   #7
flagboy55

Lot’s to unpack from my favorite weekend of the year. The only complaint I have is USAC made me have to decide which event I’m going to when they switched the BC39 to the week following this race. It’s obvious Mr Davis is a huge Jack fan. And to that I can only reply, who isn’t? Great to see him as the grand marshal. When you consider all the version’s of the 4th class of the 4 👑, it’s hard to qualify which one which discipline provided the biggest challenge. Wayne probably won’t agree with me, and that’s perfectly fine, but Jack’s talent and his experience basically disqualified the competition in the modifieds when he won them all. Actually no one is saying that anyone other than Jack has won all 4 races on one night. The other 2 , Kyle and Logan might take a little dissection to put one over the other. Without any research, other than a fading memory, I would say all 3 classes were deeper in 2011 when Kyle won it versus this version. But it’s also important to remember that Kyle wasn’t going to win the Sprint race until Levi lost a tire. Logan had no gift this past weekend. So I’m not going to rank them. They’re all terrific accomplishments, and should all be celebrated as exceptional

9/26/23, 4:48 AM   #8
Hubie48

In no way what Logan accomplished "easy"

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Dale, flagboy55
9/26/23, 11:01 AM   #9
Fumanchu

Love Jack got to see him race for many years.

With that said lets not forget Kyle never seen the place let alone raced there and won the first 3 mains he ever raced and it happened to be in 3 different type cars at 4 crown. That will never be done again in my opinion..

Also it is stated that Kyle has won in more car types at Eldora (7) then any other driver in track history.
That should tell anyone he knows how to get around the BIG E...

Logan is on a banner year let's see if he can pull off the BC39 win.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, oppweld
9/26/23, 12:12 PM   #10
dustbowl

Not to take anything away from anyone, but the top 4 running sprint cars fell out in 2011, 3 ran over debris including the leader with 2 to go and an insurmountable lead.
Last edited by dustbowl; 9/26/23 at 1:53 PM.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 crown