IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RIP Terry Babb
7/10/22, 11:11 AM   #1
RIP Terry Babb
SC12

Veteran driver Terry Babb passed away last night. He was leading the sprint car feature at Farmington, MO when he suffered and apparent heart attack. Condolences to his family. He was a veteran of the Silver Crown series for over 25 years and will be missed.

7/10/22, 11:47 AM   #2
greenupracing20

Condolences to his family and friends RIP Terry

2 members like this post: LUCKYONE, tirespinner
7/10/22, 12:14 PM   #3
PIT CART

Rest In Peace Terry😢🙏

4 members like this post: cowboyhar69, Larry Welch, LUCKYONE, tirespinner
7/10/22, 12:29 PM   #4
Re: RIP Terry Babb
ISF

We watched Terry race midgets, sprint cars and Silver Crown cars many, many times over the years. I didn't know Terry personally but he appeared to race for the love of doing it, not as a stepping stone to other divisions or for the fame and fortune. Terry represented dirt open wheel racing in Illinois quite nicely, much like another grass roots driver gone way too soon, Randy Bateman.

RIP Mr. Babb. Racing has lost another who did it for the shear love of it. Those guys are hard to find and even harder to replace.

7/10/22, 12:36 PM   #5
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Sad news. Been a fan of his since he won a USAC sprint car heat race at Eldora many years ago. Years later I sold him my silver crown car…very nice guy. He was old school. RIP Terry

5 members like this post: jdull99, John P Huss, LUCKYONE, oppweld, tirespinner
7/10/22, 1:04 PM   #6
opnwhlmnd

Not the news needed to hear this morning. I met Terry who knows how many years ago at Little Springfield and we became friends. He was very underrated as a driver of any kind of car he strapped into. I always called him sneaky fast.

Here is my favorite Terry story

If any of you knew his mom she always wanted to fight us other racers if we touched Terry's car on the track. She was a little lightening rod and very entertaining. If Terry and another car crashed she would be the first on the track in the other drivers face. Can't remember the year but at Jacksonville, Ill one night Terry, myself, and Robbie Standridge all three flipped down the back chute (pretty sure it was one of the others guys fault ). Robbie and I both landed upside down almost side by side we were even talking to each other hanging upside down. We hear this high pitched voice and there she is laying on the ground MFing both of us while we are hanging upside down. Later in the night Terry brings me a beer and says "Sorry about mom" LOL.

Rest easy my friend you will be missed and not forgotten.

7/10/22, 1:10 PM   #7
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
Not the news needed to hear this morning. I met Terry who knows how many years ago at Little Springfield and we became friends. He was very underrated as a driver of any kind of car he strapped into. I always called him sneaky fast.

Here is my favorite Terry story

If any of you knew his mom she always wanted to fight us other racers if we touched Terry's car on the track. She was a little lightening rod and very entertaining. If Terry and another car crashed she would be the first on the track in the other drivers face. Can't remember the year but at Jacksonville, Ill one night Terry, myself, and Robbie Standridge all three flipped down the back chute (pretty sure it was one of the others guys fault ). Robbie and I both landed upside down almost side by side we were even talking to each other hanging upside down. We hear this high pitched voice and there she is laying on the ground MFing both of us while we are hanging upside down. Later in the night Terry brings me a beer and says "Sorry about mom" LOL.

Rest easy my friend you will be missed and not forgotten.

Great story!

7/10/22, 1:12 PM   #8
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC12 View Post
Veteran driver Terry Babb passed away last night. He was leading the sprint car feature at Farmington, MO when he suffered and apparent heart attack. Condolences to his family. He was a veteran of the Silver Crown series for over 25 years and will be missed.
RIP & condolences to his family & friends...
Pulled into the infield & avoided starting a pile up.... wow
Last edited by revjimk; 7/10/22 at 1:15 PM.

4 members like this post: Dale, LUCKYONE, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner
7/10/22, 1:19 PM   #9
SpfldMile

So sorry and shocked to hear this. I always pulled for Terry. He was a “local” guy, and I loved seeing him compete. He was a really good driver and got the most out of his cars. Gone too soon.

6 members like this post: luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, opnwhlmnd, racenut69, rimrider69, tirespinner
7/10/22, 1:22 PM   #10
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Wasn't Terry a cousin of Late Model driver Shannon Babb?

I just remember hearing they were related.

RIP Terry and condolences to his family and friends.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RIP Terry Babb