IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dale Sr. ---Kyle
11/6/11, 6:37 PM   #11
Re: Dale Sr. ---Kyle
REH24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue-9 View Post
Dale wrecked people racing them hard not on purpose, and dale didn't wreck people every race, that's very exagerated. Dale didn't wreck people because he was a whiny little &^%$# like Kyle, who gets upset when he is raced hard. Dale didn't complain when he got wrecked, he just said that's racin. That's why he was respected, sure he wrecked people, but he never whined when he got wrecked.
I know one incident that Dale wrecked on purpose and that was when he punted Terry Labonte at Bristol on the last lap or maybe when he wrecked Rusty twice. First time I ever seen Dale's own fans booing him for wrecking Labonte.

REH

“Sight has to do with what we can see, but vision has to do with what we can be.”

2 members like this post: rdzsprint, team3521
11/6/11, 7:05 PM   #12
racer-x

Quote:
Originally Posted by REH24 View Post
I know one incident that Dale wrecked on purpose and that was when he punted Terry Labonte at Bristol on the last lap or maybe when he wrecked Rusty twice. First time I ever seen Dale's own fans booing him for wrecking Labonte.

REH
But that was the last lap of the race and they were racing hard.I like races that finish that way! But when you take a title contendor out on lap 17 under caution?

11/6/11, 7:11 PM   #13
ISF

I think maybe the post race interview at North Wilkesboro in the Fall of 1989 will show earnhardt as a world class whiner following a last lap dust up with Ricky Rudd and if you watch the tape closely in slow motion it is vividly apparent that Rudd was not the cause of the incident. The week following that masterpiece he was required to apologize for the foul language he disseminated on live television.

He got taken out late in the race getting off turn 2 at Talladega by Morgan Shepard when Morgan was driving for the Wood Bros. and did an exemplary job of whining about that as well. There are a few more, too.

Sometimes he didn't even have to get wrecked to do some quality whining. He went from top five back to 12th in the last couple of laps of his twin qualifier for the Daytona 500 in 2000 and whined like a poisoned pup about it.

1 member likes this post: rdzsprint
11/6/11, 7:43 PM   #14
REH24

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
But that was the last lap of the race and they were racing hard.I like races that finish that way! But when you take a title contendor out on lap 17 under caution?
Maybe you should re-read Rogue-9 comment "Dale wrecked people racing them hard not on purpose" and that was what I was responding too. True Dale and Terry was racing hard, but Dale still purposely turn into Terry rear quarter taking him out. If you were there when it happen everyone there sounded off by booing Dale including his fans. Not sticking up for Busch as I don't care for him and he shouldn't have taken a title contender or anyone else as far as that goes. Also does it really make any difference what lap you take a car out on, it still shouldn't happen on purpose.

REH

“Sight has to do with what we can see, but vision has to do with what we can be.”

1 member likes this post: team3521
11/6/11, 8:26 PM   #15
LocalYokel

Dale Earnhadrt was an idiot too! End of story. Any driver who wrecks another on purpose deserves to get beat up and suspended from races.
Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: MWestfallfan54, team3521
11/6/11, 9:03 PM   #16
Gregg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy8c1Jq6pWU

11/6/11, 9:27 PM   #17
Pat O'Connor Fan

You "Dale haters" out there really need to go take your Prozak and get over it.

Quit

11/6/11, 9:32 PM   #18
Rogue-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by REH24 View Post
Maybe you should re-read Rogue-9 comment "Dale wrecked people racing them hard not on purpose" and that was what I was responding too. True Dale and Terry was racing hard, but Dale still purposely turn into Terry rear quarter taking him out. If you were there when it happen everyone there sounded off by booing Dale including his fans. Not sticking up for Busch as I don't care for him and he shouldn't have taken a title contender or anyone else as far as that goes. Also does it really make any difference what lap you take a car out on, it still shouldn't happen on purpose.

REH
He didn't turn into his quarter, he was directly behind him, gave him a small tap in the rear bumper, which got Terry loose, and that made terry let off, and dale didn't lift, so he got into the back of him again.Was it aggressive yes, did he mean to nudge him, yes, did he mean to wreck him, no.

11/6/11, 10:08 PM   #19
Phylo82

Call it what you want.....what I saw was T.L. taking his time and passing Big E cleanly. Now how did Dale return the favor???, by running him over as soon as he got back to Terry's back bumper.

Dale, love him or hate him, made a career out of moves like that.
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt

3 members like this post: rdzsprint, REH24, Xflagman
11/6/11, 10:17 PM   #20
REH24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue-9 View Post
He didn't turn into his quarter, he was directly behind him, gave him a small tap in the rear bumper, which got Terry loose, and that made terry let off, and dale didn't lift, so he got into the back of him again.Was it aggressive yes, did he mean to nudge him, yes, did he mean to wreck him, no.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEsCpXZAuVg

REH

1 member likes this post: team3521
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dale Sr. ---Kyle