IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Things I"m Thankful for
11/19/18, 2:41 AM   #1
Things I"m Thankful for
jim goerge

Its that time of of the year already, seems like the racing season just flew bye to me. I didn"t make it to as many races as I hoped too,, but seeing as I had major surgery in the off season and towards end of this season finding out my illness has come back again , I guess I still had a pretty good year of racing with 31 races in. With that being said, what I"m really thankful for is all my friends I:ve made over the years at tracks truthfully I met most friends here at IOW and then met them at the track I very much believe you meet the best people at race tracks. I posted on here couple of days before Sprint Week that if you saw a guy with a cowboy hat on and using a walker stop and sat Hi, man it seemed like each night had at least a dozen people stop and say Hey, so kool. I" like to tell Jen Dan Tony Toby Shondra(Mrs G) Abe Nate Coach Ron Jerry I know I"m missing some but THANK YOU for watching over me, you didn"t have to BUT you did and I love ya for it. Last year I was just thankful to wake up in the morning and suck in a breath of air and open my eyes, This year I"m thankful for the same thing BUT also all my friends . Again THANK YOU for watching over my puny ass and I LOVE YOU GUYS Jim

11/19/18, 8:16 AM   #2
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Thank you for your friendship Jim. We always love seeing you at the track and enjoy sharing some pre-race beverages with you. We love you! Keep it kicking during the off season and we’ll see you at DuQuoin!!

11/19/18, 3:55 PM   #3
i love dirt track racing

I am thankful for bill Gardner and his family for allowing us to be apart of this website with out bill starting this iow it would not have been possible for our racing families to have meet and have the great meet and greet that we all have. Thanks mrs g.and your family's for keeping his dedication to us racing fans and teams alive today. Simple the best. Thanks. Thanks to all the great racing fans and teams that we all have made. I am definitely proud to be a little part of the racing family's here on iow and looking forward to seeing all you guys soon. Thanks. Go jim goerge love you brother. Thanks.
Last edited by i love dirt track racing; 11/19/18 at 4:08 PM.

11/19/18, 4:10 PM   #4
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing View Post
I am thankful for bill Gardner and his family for allowing us to be apart of this website with out bill starting this iow it would not have been possible for our racing families to have meet and have the great meet and greet that we all have. Thanks mrs g.and your family's for keeping his dedication to us racing fans and teams alive today. Simple the best. Thanks. Thanks to all the great racing fans and teams that we all have made. I am definitely proud to be a little part of the racing family's here on iow and looking forward to seeing all you guys soon. Thanks. Go jim goerge love you brother. Thanks.
What he said

11/19/18, 6:39 PM   #5
Re: Things I"m Thankful for
BrentTFunk

Going to be visiting the grandkids in Georgia over Thanksgiving. Hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving. See you at DuQuoin.

11/19/18, 7:26 PM   #6
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Its that time of of the year already, seems like the racing season just flew bye to me. I didn"t make it to as many races as I hoped too,, but seeing as I had major surgery in the off season and towards end of this season finding out my illness has come back again , I guess I still had a pretty good year of racing with 31 races in. With that being said, what I"m really thankful for is all my friends I:ve made over the years at tracks truthfully I met most friends here at IOW and then met them at the track I very much believe you meet the best people at race tracks. I posted on here couple of days before Sprint Week that if you saw a guy with a cowboy hat on and using a walker stop and sat Hi, man it seemed like each night had at least a dozen people stop and say Hey, so kool. I" like to tell Jen Dan Tony Toby Shondra(Mrs G) Abe Nate Coach Ron Jerry I know I"m missing some but THANK YOU for watching over me, you didn"t have to BUT you did and I love ya for it. Last year I was just thankful to wake up in the morning and suck in a breath of air and open my eyes, This year I"m thankful for the same thing BUT also all my friends . Again THANK YOU for watching over my puny ass and I LOVE YOU GUYS Jim
Great getting to know you and some others this year. Next season will be here before you know it. So take another "tote" and keep that "flast" full. Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas buddy. You da man!

11/20/18, 2:41 PM   #7
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Jim really hoping I can get back out to see you and some Indiana sprint racing next season. Take care my friend and have a Great Thanksgiving!

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, ronmil
11/21/18, 10:59 AM   #8
E.P.

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 17

I am thankful for having a front row seat the last 20+ years watching the original Kevin Thomas, Tony Elliott and the People’s Champ Mr. Darland. Back in the day seeing these three very young, very talented, unpolished drivers race against each other while honing their craft is something I considered a priveledge to have witnessed. It’s been a minute since we’ve seen all three on the track together but the memories are certainly still there.

4 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, ronmil, wright59
11/21/18, 1:59 PM   #9
tamati

I'm thankful for watching some of USACs finest at one of my favorite tracks Winchester Speedway. Maybe someday we can witness it again.

2 members like this post: mc/rider, ronmil
11/21/18, 2:03 PM   #10
Wizard 05

Race Count This Year: 28

I'm thankful for being able to call both Rick Ferkel and Jack Hewitt good friends and Mentors..and watching C.Bell wheel the 0 for a season,, that will be one to tell the grand kids "I remember when"

3 members like this post: ISF, jim goerge, ronmil
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Things I"m Thankful for