IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > D-2 Focus engines
12/20/15, 4:05 PM   #31
Shreffler21

It's in Joes car, probably obsolete now.

12/20/15, 4:31 PM   #32
LJC77

Exactly my point Shreffler, this D2 "affordable" racing just made half of our cars obsolete.
Most of those guys can't afford a different power plant.

Iowa's club made the same mistake badger did, outlaw thier returning champ with thier rules change.
They throw words out there like affordability, a complete distortion of the truth.
You do not have an affordable form of racing until you control the weekly expenses of racing.
Most guys can not afford $300-$500 to go racing every weekend.

I'm simply pointing out the fact for those that cry integrity. Shafts and chains do not belong on the track together if you use the phrase "midget racing integrity".
Because for those that had a true affordable racing format, the outsiders were the ones who insisted changes had to be made for the integrity of midget racing.

1 member likes this post: Shreffler21
12/20/15, 4:39 PM   #33
Shreffler21

I agree, even my ecotec I just built last year is basically useless, not sure how injection and dry sumps make it "affordable"

12/20/15, 5:16 PM   #34
LJC77

It's not just the injection and pumps,
D2 has made no effort to address, titanium, ceramics, coatings, shocks, or carbon.
They did one thing affordable, they made it cheeper for a guy trying to get into midgets, but for the most part the engine is a one time expense.
They pretty much slapped the average guy that supports them all season in the face. You don't do that to people who support you and expect any type of loyalty.
To make a series succeed through out a season it's the reoccurring expenses that have to be minimized, and stand behind the guys who have stood behind you.
No one wants to address that.

Why do you think hobby stocks
have 40 cars? It doesn't cost them hundreds of dollars to race each weekend.
Why is the chilli bowl so big?
Guys save all year to run that one race.
I can race for 2 seasons on what most of those guys spend in a week.

It's just a shame to see a series that opened up its arms to every style midget, national, chain, stock block,that had a formula to which all were competitive, you could race for less than $100 out of your pocket, get kicked to the curb. But all these other D2 clubs pound thier chest and scream that they are making midget racing affordable and saving it's itegrity while standing on the ground that was built before them.
Simple lack of respect in my eyes.

3 members like this post: gearguy, rightfootrampage, Shreffler21
12/20/15, 7:18 PM   #35
Bradleyracing86

Congrats to Shane Morgan on putting his D2 in the show last night..

I did t realize our D2 cars were USAC
Legal...

1 member likes this post: DAD
12/20/15, 7:25 PM   #36
Re: D-2 Focus engines
fish

I believe this thread started with Wayne Davis attempting to make a simple clarification.

How's come these threads always turn into this? (It certainly isn't Wayne's fault).

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, hullracing, opnwhlmnd, xoxide
12/20/15, 7:26 PM   #37
rightfootrampage

Hate to bust all of you guy's bubble but you could stick a turbo on a focus engine and Gherke's "LEGAL" EcoTech will still walk the dog when he isn't sandbagging....

12/20/15, 7:33 PM   #38
Bradleyracing86

Ouch first post is your name really "right foot rampage" lol

1 member likes this post: DAD
12/20/15, 7:33 PM   #39
rightfootrampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hullracing View Post
funny thing shaft drive cars have won the championship 2 years running in the biggest "d2" series around. Everyone wants to knock every little thing involved with this "concept". If it doesn't fit for someone's personal agenda then it's time to bash. Ask the numerous drivers and owners who ran the series these past few years, not one complaint on who or who doesn't have an advantage, but there will always be the ones close enough to support and race but instead bash things they don't know on the internet!
invalid

12/20/15, 7:36 PM   #40
xoxide

Ljc, I would highly recommend having an inkling of knowledge on what you're talking about prior to making blanket statements about rules.

I cannot speak for other series but, Wayne Davis has addressed titanium and carbon parts. No carbon fiber on the car whatsoever, and no rotating titanium (was originally no ti at all but that was changed when people started buying national rollers that typically came with ti bolts).

As far as shocks go what do you want? Stock steel body shocks from Napa? Come on it's not a spec organization it's a more affordable organization specifically targeted towards the motor package. People can go buy a sellout from a national team for 5-18k, throw a "d2" motor in and go.

The simple fact of the matter is, if you ban carbon, ban ti, limit the shocks, I'm just going to find some other place to spend money to gain an advantage.
As far as your arguments go with the motorcycle engine cars having an advantage, I raced against them all year long and was not beaten by them a single time both on tight bull rings and large wide open tracks. Say what you want, but results speak for themselves. And that was both with bad maintained weekend warrior 1000cc's, and "built" sparr 1000cc top of the line cars.

Quit ******** and quit trash talking the ideology/rules/organization of "d2" on the Internet. I'm beginning to see what revolution racing was preaching about in the last thread about d2 when he said "all you're dealing with are morons".....
Last edited by xoxide; 12/20/15 at 7:38 PM.

2 members like this post: fish, opnwhlmnd
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > D-2 Focus engines