IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC at Raceway Park on Saturday
7/25/13, 9:35 AM   #11
Re: USAC at Raceway Park on Saturday
team3521

Quote:
Originally Posted by duel View Post
This show is a double header with the midgets. Usac pavement racing is awsome. It seems though that usac is doing what they can to become an all dirt series. Midgets at IRP is some of the best racing dirt or pavement you will see. I still prefer dirt shows but really miss usac at Winchester and Toledo.
You betcha! Ditto!

7/25/13, 12:24 PM   #12
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj1 View Post
can someone being honest and not a smartass tell me how the races at Gateway and Pikes Peak went?
Even though I greatly prefer dirt to pavement and I don't think that the competition on longer tracks is nearly as good as short tracks, I thought that Gateway was excellent. Hard racing through the field, passing, including a last lap one for position in the top five, this race had it all. Short field, yes. Long on excitement, absolutely! Can't wait for next year down there. I hope Saturday is somewhat near what Gatway was.

2 members like this post: fish
7/25/13, 12:54 PM   #13
racefan20

I plan on going to help Mrs Vogler since it is the Rich Vogler classic. I do however have one question. Since the race in May was cancelled supposedly because they ran late qualifying at IMS and the safety crews are basically the same people that do safety at IMS then how do they plan to start practice at 4PM(says so on the entry) when they are running the nationwise race starting at 4:30? Are the safety guys cloning themselves or do they not work the NASCAR weekend at IMS?

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

4 members like this post: mowerman, ossuks, ronmil, team3521
7/25/13, 1:54 PM   #14
team3521

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
I plan on going to help Mrs Vogler since it is the Rich Vogler classic. I do however have one question. Since the race in May was cancelled supposedly because they ran late qualifying at IMS and the safety crews are basically the same people that do safety at IMS then how do they plan to start practice at 4PM(says so on the entry) when they are running the nationwise race starting at 4:30? Are the safety guys cloning themselves or do they not work the NASCAR weekend at IMS?
This is a great question! And a very good point made. Thanks!

Posted via Mobile Device

7/25/13, 2:45 PM   #15
jim goerge

Doesn;t Napcar have their own safety crews that travel with them? If they do that frees up IMS;s crew

7/25/13, 4:22 PM   #16
USAC at Raceway Park on Saturday!!.....
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN RACE FAN View Post
Anyone seen an entry list for Saturday night at Raceway Park? Hoping to see a bigger field of Silver Crown cars than they had last year.

Will BC be in the 2nd TSR car? Maybe Larson?
Still at this point,no mention of an entry list??...correct me if I'm wrong,TSR's cars have been #10,#22 as I recall??...now with L.Jones retired,is it B.East,B.Clauson in those seats??....

7/25/13, 4:48 PM   #17
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Doesn;t Napcar have their own safety crews that travel with them? If they do that frees up IMS;s crew
Havent watched as much NASCAR in the last 5 yrs or so as I used to but they didnt used to have their own safety crew. I remember having the conversation with someone that Indy car had the best safety crew and NASCAR used the locals a few years back. Besides that ruins their excuse for cancelling back in May doesnt it? They said the safety crew was stuck at IMS, that wasnt the Indy car safety crew it was the guys who work the corners at IMS all month. Who knows?

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/25/13, 5:02 PM   #18
IN RACE FAN

Jarett Andretti in the Window World #4 per twitter

7/25/13, 6:11 PM   #19
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by Indy1808; 7/25/13 at 6:20 PM.

7/25/13, 6:20 PM   #20
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Daggone it!
I hate to post negative in this & I'm going (maybe alone)
But in the past I keep telling myself not to go to this because of the NASCAR fans that come they just don't know how to sit down, behave and watch a race. I've got up and moved three or four times in the past just to get away from them. I would really like to take my niece's kids with me but with all the drinking and the Cussing and carrying on, I just don't know.
Maybe we should just go down to the Clash at Pville?

Posted via Mobile Device
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC at Raceway Park on Saturday