IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Is the Kokomo Klash Sprint entry fee fair?
10/13/11, 12:17 PM   #41
Re: Is the Kokomo Klash Sprint entry fee fair
DAD

Racing is like playing "BINGO" when you have a bigger pay out you pay more to get in. I heard they had a $50,000 to win go kart race at Clay City KY. with a $500.00 entry fee and somebody got killed. Them gokarters race hard when they got $500.00 on the line.

10/13/11, 12:27 PM   #42
sprinter14

I have to agree with TC Tornado, Don and Wide Open24, this is the reason I have turned from driver to promoter. Just during my career alone I have watched this sport go from a "front gate" sport to a "back gate" sport. The problem??? In my opinion, there are too many track OWNERS and not enough PROMOTERS. They are not able to get fans through the front gate, so they **** em at the back gate. I drove a modified for a team this past May and we went to 2 different tracks. We had to all buy pits passes, then pay both tracks a $30 "car registration fee" and THEN buy an AMRA license which was $25 for a night or $75 for a season. WOW! Why have fans??????

So for those of you acting like fees are ok this time, will they be ok next time?? What about the time after that? Where do you draw the line??? How about the day when I open a track and we do NOT ALLOW spectators since we don't need them......we can fee the owners and drivers to death!

I considered bringing my sprint to the Klash since I only got to run 4 times this year, but for $190 to start and entry fees, no thanks.

one last thing...... an entry fee is bad enough...... but a late fee??? you can't just "decide to race" without paying extra? Come on people???
Last edited by sprinter14; 10/13/11 at 12:43 PM.

5 members like this post: Kansasdirtfan, MWestfallfan54, RadRacer, Russ, wideopen24
10/13/11, 12:29 PM   #43
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
Don, c'mon now... researching?? It's not that complicated.

You are going to race at Kokomo Speedway.

You visit the tracks website... http://www.kokomospeedway.net/

You take a quick glance at the front page... when you see the big banner that clearly says... 2011 Kokomo Klash Click for Details... You click on it.

The next page clearly shows all the details of the event.

That hardly sounds like research.

Rocket Science man.............

10/13/11, 12:59 PM   #44
sprinter14

Is this where we are headed??

2012 Grand Opening of "Up Yours Speedway"

Pit Passes - $50
Kid Pit Passes - $49
Dogs in Trailers - $20
If dog has fleas - $10 service charge
If dog craps on my property - $500 fine

Pill draw fee - $5
Line-up board fee - $5

Raceceiver that WE MADE YOU BUY fee - $50

Race entry fee - $30 per class entered
If you run more than one class you must buy two pit passes

Parking fee - Open trailers - $20
24' and under enclosed trailers - $30
24' to 40' trailers - $40
anything over 40' - $100 for taking up too damn much space and obviously you can afford it.
Reserved pit parking for the year is $200

If you run for points you must buy a $50 "track license"
If you don't want to run for points, every race you run you can buy a $30 temporary license.

There will also be a "Lap Fee". Obviously the teams that USE the track the most should help cover track costs the most, so at the end of the night, we will deduct from your earnings your car's "Lap fee" which is $1 per lap your car makes on my race track.

(If you are on the tow truck or being pushed by a push truck we will only charge 75 cents for those laps, however, there will be an "assitance fee of $100 for tow truck services)

If you would like a trash can at your pit area, they are available for $10 a night. There will be a $25 fine per item left on the ground in your pit area if you dont clean up or you can take your trash home in your trailer.

Coolers in trailers are allowed for only $20

You must be a "website member" to get on the tracks website but that's a bargain at $19.95 per year. And message board privileges are only an additional $9.95 a month.

Information on the track can be found at 1-900-PAY-MORE and info is only billed at $2.95 per minute.

The best part, I am saving money by not even buying bleachers because spectators will not be allowed to attend due to the unnecessary liability.

10/13/11, 1:04 PM   #45
DonMoore10

Mr. Gardner and friends: Not sure how many times I have to post this but here goes once again for those reading only what they want to read:

1. I've participated in two USAC D1 races this season. USAC officals were there collecting an entry fee. They are in charge. There was no late entry fee. Two tracks and the same procedure. Therefore I would expect all the other tracks that carry their sanction to do the same. The Kokomo race is a USAC sanctioned event. No need for me to spend endless hours on a computer chasing something that I don't know about. If it was done the USAC way at two tracks then I would expect it the same way at Kokomo under the USAC banner and sanction. It was done the same way at Midget week. No late fees. Gas City, Bloomington, Putnamville and Kokomo. No I didn't go to the Gas City web site, no I didn't go to the Putnamville web site and no I didn'y go to the Bloomington or Kokomo web site.

2. "Jill" had the opportunity to be upfront when that person posted about the race yesterday. I assume that person has something to do with the promotion. Nothing about a late fee.

3. The flyer passed out at the Gold Crown doesn't list a web site for Kokomo as reference or "for more info". It's not there guys. The USAC web site is listed for more information. I can't find anything on their site that has anything to do with a late entry fee.

4. I've never heard of a late entry fee for a $1200 to win race. Please tell me where that happens in the USA.

5. And last of all, please tell me why in the world I would be going to the kokomo web site in the first place. I've raced all over the country and there's no reason to go to every tracks web site (if they have one). I run several businesses, do extensive traveling, maintain three race cars, show Boxers dogs. I have an extremely busy schedule unlike some of you who apparently play with the computer all day. Congratulations but telling me that I missed it because I should have gone to some web site for something I knew nothing about is crazy.

2 members like this post: MWestfallfan54, Russ
10/13/11, 1:13 PM   #46
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Don, I'm glad you use Indiana Open Wheel for racing information. Thank you, I appreciate the traffic.

Have a great day!

2 members like this post: mowerman, Mud Packer
10/13/11, 1:14 PM   #47
DAD

With you ideas sprinter 14 you need to run for congress.

2 members like this post: MWestfallfan54, Wrench Turner
10/13/11, 1:32 PM   #48
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
Don, I'm glad you use Indiana Open Wheel for racing information. Thank you, I appreciate the traffic.

Have a great day!
Did you go to my web site before posting?? LOLOL

www.clickdonmoore.com

10/13/11, 2:13 PM   #49
spicoli

I understand the need for a racer to buy a "license" if that license entitles the racer to certain insurance benefits.

I have a problem with an "entry fee".

I watched baseball on TV last night...how many players had to pay to enter the stadium?

The Blackhawks are playing tonight...how many of them had to pay to get into the stadium?

I watched the awful Bears game on Monday night. How many players had to pay to enter the field and perform?

I understand NAPCAR drivers pay for a yearly "license" (or something to that effect) but I believe it's for point funds, contingency money and insurance purposes.

If you show me the "entry fee" boosts my insurance or makes me eligible for certain year end bonuses, I'll sign up.

Until then, "entry fees" is just another name for a driver or car owner getting jacked at the pit gate.

1 member likes this post: ACP
10/13/11, 2:26 PM   #50
racerjim2

Sprinter14, You know me and where I come from. I'd been out of racing more or less for several years until a few years ago I got involved with a friend with a stock car. I had come from an open wheel background.

I couldn't believe when we went to the track with that stock car. I could accept the high pit passes but when the car owners had to pay for all the "hangers" who went to help in the pits (and very seldom showed up during the week to work on the car) I thought to myself, my how things have changed. In the 70's when I owned sprint cars I paid for me myself to get in. I had friends who gladly paid their own way in to help on the car just for the fun. Of course if the car did win any $$$ there was the after races food stop that came out of any winnings.

Then I started seeing local guys who were paying for full time help in the garage and of course paying the way in for all of these people and friends. I thought, humm, they are big time. Then, the entry fees. $10 for this and $20 for that. What was this all about? It was new to me.

In the last 10 years the trend of "big events" has increased the owners $$$ spent besides the higher cost to maintain a race car. My question is...."where is the fun part?" Where are the fans/friends and buddies who use to do this for the fun of it and maybe even chip in a few $$ on the car when needed?

What a shame the track/promoters have gotten to the point of just opening the gates and raping the back gate patrons. Racers are all stupid! They all think they are "professionals" and it's NOT about fun anymore.

I support your ideas (sprinter14) all the way. I know you do it for the love of the sport and there's not many like you left out there.

By the way, the entry fee in 1975 for the Knoxville Nationals was $10 and I thought that was outragous!

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Is the Kokomo Klash Sprint entry fee fair?