IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Did you See..
4/3/08, 12:05 AM   #31
Re: Did you See..
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

we will be there,come hell or high water.costing about 2 grand to get to some real racing.15.00 to get in DUH.

4/3/08, 12:12 AM   #32
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
we will be there,come hell or high water.costing about 2 grand to get to some real racing.15.00 to get in DUH.
HEY BOB UP KINDA LATE AREN`T YOU. SEE YA NEXT MOUNTH :Steer

4/3/08, 12:17 AM   #33
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

THAT will be our frist one. cannot wait.see you all then.

4/3/08, 12:24 AM   #34
Jerry Spencer

I bet Bob is asleep on the couch and his better half is at the key board.:rolling

Jerry #66j
www.joshspencer.com

4/3/08, 2:23 AM   #35
Gasman fan 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryoracing View Post
Also in California some of the places/track charge for parking.

1) I guess if thier is something you want to see, you will pay for it.

a) But I got a "running throug a redlight" ticket from
one of those camera traffic tickets a few weeks ago.

It will cost me 500 dollars.

b) I don't think I ran it, more like a "hollywood stop",
late at night.

2) So you can complain all you want for good reason, but
hopefully there is something you want to see, to pay
the 15.00 dollars.

a) For me they pay you to park and 40.00 pit pass just
to help somebody out.

Sincerely,

Larry Otani:applaud:
That parking fee goes to the county Grasshopper!

4/3/08, 7:42 AM   #36
smbpreformance

How does the L-Burg purse stack up against Gas City, Kokomo and Bloomington.

I thought they were all pretty close together

4/3/08, 8:19 AM   #37
Dirtball00

[QUOTE=Charles Nungester;33270]I made the other post before realizing who was posting. Weren't you banned before?

BTW, Do you realize it will cost Dave and company twice as much in equiptment fuel as last year. For lighting probably ten times as much.
QUOTE]

NO I have NEVER been banned from anywhere, if I were banned Dave wouldn't be emailing me trying to bribe me with free tickets so I would shut up, would he(I have the email to prove it)??? I do realize his costs went up, but compare his Admission price to say the 1/2 mile Florence Speedway where regular show admission is $10 for adults and $1.00 for kids, running 4 classes and done by 10:30-11:00 every saturday. Using your logic, Florence should up their gate since it's bigger than L'burg is gonna be. This is not a Florence vs. L'burg post so don't turn it into one please.

My problem here is, if people don't take a stand now it's going to get worse and worse. Here's how it works, fans say "Ahh, $15 ain't so bad", then the next year "darn it's $17 to get in now" then before you know it "holy crap it's $20 to get into a regular show now, this is crazy".. You cannot wait until we're paying the $20 for a 3 class regular shows to start to complain, you have to put a stop to it now(see gas prices for example). To the guy from California, if enough people had complained or boycotted that track when it started charging for parking, maybe just maybe you wouldn't be having to pay it now.

And dang it people, quit comparing going racing with going to ball games or movies or Kings Island and especially a Rodeo. You cannot do that, it's totally different, those venues do not depend on their patrons/fans to attend on a weekly basis, they aren't concerned with repeat business. Racing families go racing every weekend, sometimes more than once, and racetracks depend on US to pay their bills, because they depend on us to be there EVERY weekend. There are very few people that go to a ball game, movie and Kings Island 25-50 times a year like race fans do. Therefore you cannot make those comparisons...

All I can do is try and let enough people know what's up and let them make their own decision on whether to go or not. I had some ex-L'burg regulars tell me this weekend, they only went to the Burg one time last year because of the outrageous kids prices, and the only reason they paid that last year was because they were already there. I'm trying to let people know about it before they get there...like someone else said, it's up to you to decide to go or not, I choose NOT and I hope alot of others follow suit!!!

the dirty one!!

4/3/08, 8:43 AM   #38
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Dirtball, Yes!! please post my bribes to you, i'd like for everyone to see what i wrote to you.
I'd love to know where you work or what kind of business your in.
I feel sorry for the gas station attendants where you get your gas from.
I gotta go and complain to the farmer down the road now, I am never eating cereal again, due to the cost of milk!!! Maybe i'll eat my cereal with Budweiser, its cheaper.
Take care and enjoy your internet battles. Dave Rudisell

4/3/08, 8:48 AM   #39
raceboy

[QUOTE=Dirtball00;33353]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I made the other post before realizing who was posting. Weren't you banned before?

BTW, Do you realize it will cost Dave and company twice as much in equiptment fuel as last year. For lighting probably ten times as much.
QUOTE]

NO I have NEVER been banned from anywhere, if I were banned Dave wouldn't be emailing me trying to bribe me with free tickets so I would shut up, would he(I have the email to prove it)??? I do realize his costs went up, but compare his Admission price to say the 1/2 mile Florence Speedway where regular show admission is $10 for adults and $1.00 for kids, running 4 classes and done by 10:30-11:00 every saturday. Using your logic, Florence should up their gate since it's bigger than L'burg is gonna be. This is not a Florence vs. L'burg post so don't turn it into one please.

My problem here is, if people don't take a stand now it's going to get worse and worse. Here's how it works, fans say "Ahh, $15 ain't so bad", then the next year "darn it's $17 to get in now" then before you know it "holy crap it's $20 to get into a regular show now, this is crazy".. You cannot wait until we're paying the $20 for a 3 class regular shows to start to complain, you have to put a stop to it now(see gas prices for example). To the guy from California, if enough people had complained or boycotted that track when it started charging for parking, maybe just maybe you wouldn't be having to pay it now.

And dang it people, quit comparing going racing with going to ball games or movies or Kings Island and especially a Rodeo. You cannot do that, it's totally different, those venues do not depend on their patrons/fans to attend on a weekly basis, they aren't concerned with repeat business. Racing families go racing every weekend, sometimes more than once, and racetracks depend on US to pay their bills, because they depend on us to be there EVERY weekend. There are very few people that go to a ball game, movie and Kings Island 25-50 times a year like race fans do. Therefore you cannot make those comparisons...

All I can do is try and let enough people know what's up and let them make their own decision on whether to go or not. I had some ex-L'burg regulars tell me this weekend, they only went to the Burg one time last year because of the outrageous kids prices, and the only reason they paid that last year was because they were already there. I'm trying to let people know about it before they get there...like someone else said, it's up to you to decide to go or not, I choose NOT and I hope alot of others follow suit!!!

the dirty one!!
This act is getting old. If you don't like it, don't go. It's that simple. This has now spread to two message boards over two years.

$10 for Florence to stand in a puddle of urine in the bathroom or $15 to attend a nice race facility. Maybe Florence should up their admission and improve the facility. Oh, but you wouldn't go then. Can't have that happen.

4/3/08, 9:10 AM   #40
Racerrob

I wonder why DirtballOO does not post his name.

I have no problem taking credit for my position when I feel passionate enough to state it publicly.

It is very easy to take shots when you are hiding in the tall grass!

Rob Hoffman

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Did you See..