IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Did you See..
4/28/08, 10:34 PM   #81
Re: Did you See..
clayton92fan

The cost of everything is going up.. Deal with it.. I have a son that I started taking to races when he was 5 or 6, just as my dad did with me. He is now 16 and a lot of times the only time I still have QUALITY time with him is when we are at the races. A teenager just doesn't have as much time for the old man as much as he used too.Sure I have paid "extra" every time I go to the races over the years to take him.Sometimes tracks had a great kids price and sometimes they didn't,but having someplace and something that we both looked forward to going together to was and is still as the commercial says"PRICELESS". Getting off my soapbox, I guess what I am trying to say is whether it is $10 or 20 dollars to get in YOU have to be the one who decides where you spend your cash. I just know the "cost" of 3 to 4 hours that we enjoy every time we go racing is very reasonable.

4/29/08, 4:01 AM   #82
mroutlaw101

Well now I understand that. A few bucks is meaningless compared to a few extra gallos wasted to bypass a race. Honestly I dont give a dang about the prices. I know im just gonna be glad to get back to three classes. As much as my insurance goes up every year id sure hate to see what the tracks go up every year.

4/29/08, 7:46 AM   #83
bigq11

It appears the promoter is using the cost of the improvements as justification for the price increase. Who gets the extra $3.00, the promoter or whoever actually paid for the improvements?

4/29/08, 8:15 AM   #84
mudslinger 85

Doesn't matter who gets the cash.Improvements were made (for better or worse).The racing is going to be fast and furiuos,but well worth it. I know it may be a stretch for some fans to attend as many races as they have in the past but some racers have had to cut back as well. I think it is absolutely irresponsible for some to wish that any venture fail.I also believe that true race fans would never post such garbage. Dave and the city have built a beautiful facillity that will be around for a long time. I stopped by last night and spoke to Dave face to face ,and asked a couple of pointed questions. I got straight answers ,I would challenge any nay sayers to do the same. I feel sorry for anyone not wanting to take in a show at the burg simply for the prices. You dont know what your missing.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Did you See..