IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi Midgets - Jason Leffler Memorial at Wayne Ct?
8/29/13, 2:24 PM   #81
Re: POWRi Midgets - Jason Leffler Memorial at Wayne Ct?
bmemmer

Nuthin to be added. Everybody covered it all. I even had to dump dirt out of my shoes when I got home but like everyone else loved every bit of it. Passing was unbelieveable there. Maybe not for the lead but cottle and bell put on a show last night. Bc and darland drives wad amazing and totally opposite of each other as darland went to the low side and bc went to a groove I didnt even know existed on the race track as he was basically in the guardrail rim riding what a show last night. I hope great clips helps the dude running that place out and make some major improvements. I could see this event turning Into something very big. If they decide to run this event on a saturday they would of had triple the attendance which with the property they have to work with and the money it may be hard to build new grandstands. But to top it off thumbs up loved the format racing friends everything. Told my friends im going back next year just to watch a normal micro show there that place is racey!!

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, racing2bwithu2
8/29/13, 2:53 PM   #82
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Neat little facility and a great race! Would love to see POWRi there on a regular basis. Next time I go, I will be better prepared for the blasting by the dirt that is inevitable. I had to remove my shirt to empty my pocket of the dirt before I left, and empty my shoes into my trash bin in the garage before entering my home, but clothes will wash, and I had a good time.
The amenities at this track are impressive; nice restrooms, the track has a well built catch fence, and, although I didn't buy any food on this visit, I heard many positive comments about the offerings.
Dave Darland was really impressive in his drive from sixteenth to third (received the $250 Hard Charger Award) and Bryan Clauson and Joe B. Miller had quite a battle in the micros, with Miller prevailing.
And this place is an easy one hour drive from Evansville!

3 members like this post: 48modracer, luckybuc97, racing2bwithu2
8/29/13, 5:16 PM   #83
Andrew S. Quinn

It was a pretty good night at the races,and another track to add to the list. Been another good year for getting to new tracks. I was wondering what the track listed as a 1/8 mile would look like,but one look and I decided it was maybe just a little smaller and less banked than Little Belleville,and any of the regular readers here know how much I like that place.

Glad to see others venturing out to have a look at what POWRi has to offer for midget racing. Usually most like what they see once they venture out to see a POWRi race,and last night was no exception. I thought it was a pretty racy place,and at the end of the night the cushion in and out of turns one and 2 was up to the top of the Armco,which was 2 layers tall,and it was getting used too! Much like Macon a couple weeks ago,the writeup didt do justice to all the action that was happening on the track,a bit further back than the leader. Last night we saw some great come thru the field racing from Clauson after a flat tire,Darland from 16th to 3rd,Andrew Felker from an earlier mishap from the back,and as high as 4th before settling back a bit,and Chett Gerhke who kept plugging away from 19 or 20th to 6th at the finish. Yep just a really good night of racing.....

Thanks to Luckybuc97 for saving me a seat,and making room for Peter Physick as well. First time he has met an Aussie,so I told him he doesnt know me to well,as I quite often have Aussie race friends sitting with me when they come over.Peter runs a racing tour and they just finished up with this years tour,and is now back in the USA on vacation with his wife for a week or so. This is what he runs with his buddy Peter Hansen, http://www.globalspeedwaytours.com.au/ I'm sure he'd schedule a Australia tour if enough were interested.

4 members like this post: billwill7, luckybuc97, racenut69, ronmil
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi Midgets - Jason Leffler Memorial at Wayne Ct?