IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Steve Kinser
5/4/19, 9:22 AM   #21
Re: Steve Kinser
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
They ran 4 support classes that night, and it was 11:30 when I got to my car. To me that is a late night. I had been up at 5:15 for work, got off at 4 drove almost 2 hours to honor Bill. Then drove an hour and a half home (less traffic than Friday rush hour) and was at work at 7:30 am. To me it wasn't worth it. If USAC would have turned down a $25,000 to win show, people like you and yeleyfan 76 would be the biggest critics. Looks like USAC gave them another date I will more than likely go to that. Would even pay a little extra to get in if they made it a big deal.
Once again you are confused by the facts. I would never criticize a 25 g to win show. You must be confused yet again. I’m one of the guys always complaining that these guys run for peanuts. All ISW races should carry a minimum 50% purse boost. With the amount of travelers and local fan participation that should be no problem. It’s people like you who say these tracks make most of their yearly profits on those nites so why would they pay more. Let me be crystal clear Brent; the USAC sprints run for peanuts. If they can get shows for 25g to win I’m all for it. I’m driving the 16 hours to Knoxville to support it as well. You need to stop filling your cup with the kool aid all of the time and and take off the Usac rose colored glasses you wear. PS if 11 o clock is too late for ya on a Friday then maybe it’s time to take some naps.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/4/19, 9:33 AM   #22
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

I thought this thread was about Steve Kinser

5/4/19, 9:37 AM   #23
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Brent one of the "support classes" was midgets which I dont really consider a support class. It ended at about the same time as the race you went to last night but I dont see you posting that it was too late this morning. If 11 o'clock is too late for you maybe you should consider not going on a work night. You have been to enough races to know that not every show ends at 10, especially with 2 push off divisions. The problem isnt that they decided to run a 25K to win show its that Joe and Shondra found out their sanction was gone the same way you and I did. No phone call to give them a heads up before it was announced nothing until much later when they decided to throw LPS a bone and replace their date. It was a lack of common courtesy. Keep drinking the kool-aid
You our the one drinking the kool aid, just from a different glass than you accuse me of. I believe that Shondra was left out of the loop. I know a sponsor was willing to step in and help build this show. Whoever you get your information from had neglected to tell you that. You also say that I didn't criticize the show I went to last not for running late. That was because weather played a factor. Just like the other 2 shows I went to that ran late at IMS and Plymouth. One thing that I should give a pass on to Putnamville that night, is they did have an ambulance delay, and that is beyond their control. Those things happen, but that meant getting done at 11 instead of 11:30. Still pretty late, on a night with perfect weather, for something that is supposed to be an big event.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, tirespinner
5/4/19, 10:12 AM   #24
Rpracing1

2 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
5/4/19, 11:17 AM   #25
Vookie

I started this thread of a photograph of Steve Kinser and it turned into a pissing match about USAC.

I stayed away this place for a long time, it's time for another vacation.

5/4/19, 11:46 AM   #26
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vookie View Post
I started this thread of a photograph of Steve Kinser and it turned into a pissing match about USAC.

I stayed away this place for a long time, it's time for another vacation.
I stand by my original post that I was jealous of you guys that got to go to Knoxville back then.

2 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
5/4/19, 1:29 PM   #27
rclaridge

‘78 was the last year I went to the nationals,back then it was one of 3-4 times a year all the best got together.How many times in the last 40 years has non WoO regular won?

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
5/4/19, 3:18 PM   #28
i love dirt track racing

Unbelievable.
" Can't we all just get along." God bless America. Thanks.
Last edited by i love dirt track racing; 5/4/19 at 3:28 PM.

4 members like this post: Dirtfan, motorhead748, tirespinner, TNRustler
5/4/19, 3:33 PM   #29
hoosierboy3

I always enjoy pulling up this tab on my bookmarks in my web browser while Im taking care of my business or having a restless night and can’t sleep. But, anymore I’m scared to even post something in fear that someone will try to cowboy up and flex their guns via the keyboard. Always preaching who made this forum happen, but never failing to look bad when you do mention him. Smh. I’ll stay on Twitter. Cool photo though!

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Steve Kinser