IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway-USAC Rain Date
7/20/12, 3:37 PM   #11
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway-USAC Rain Date
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

The more you cry the less you pee

5 members like this post: D.O., Dannypollock24, dirt330, Hot Rod K., Speedracer
7/20/12, 3:44 PM   #12
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avon Open Wheel fan View Post
Since Sunday is the next off day it really was their only logical date. Even if tonight or tomorrow night gets rained out it would have been the same problem. I know its always a risk you take when you are coming from out of state or a long distance to any race you attend. Think this is why with the economy so bad both drivers and fans always second guess if they want to take a risk on a night with rain in the forecast on rather they go or stay home. We have seen some really small car counts this summer when rain was in the forecast.

I know that Joe Spiker has worked his butt off for Sprint Week to happen and I am sure that no one is more upset and dissapointed that Joe is. Hopefully Sunday will be a nice day and we an end sprint week on a positive note.
Great post.

Jerry #66j
stida.com

3 members like this post: leaglen, speed bump, Tim Bookmiller
7/20/12, 4:06 PM   #13
batch56

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmemmer View Post
are they going to give ya 12 dollars back haha i doubt it ******** finally get a sprint week date and they dont even try. its one thing to make up a race during sprintweek its another to do it after it was suppose to be over on saturday some people probley have flights to catch sunday
bmemmer, Where do you need to fly to on Sunday? It rained HARD at LPS yesterday. I am not sure that the decision to not race was all Joe Spikers. I believe this was a sanctioned race where that sanctioning body makes most of the decisions. No body wanted the race cancelled!!

It Rained and a decision was made to reschedule and all the complaining in the world wont make a difference.

They could of just cancelled?

At least we have a race to go watch or participate in on Sunday!

5 members like this post: agar, Dannypollock24, DirtyD, mowerman, speed bump
7/20/12, 4:09 PM   #14
D.O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrell854 View Post
That don't seem right when people came and paid there money to watch sprints and mods run for 1500 now that you have thier money it gets changed
How many Mods were there? enough for a heat race so wise choice not to have them. Where was is posted that it paid $1500? by LPS?

I've been around LPS for a lot of years with all the different owners and have seen many rain outs and many nights that should of been a rain out.

Sure they could of worked the track in and it would of been ready after 9:30 at the earliest. The surface would of been greasy and the bottom too wet to use. The berm holds water down there nowdays. So about the last lap of the feature the track might of been ok.

How many of IOW posters would of pizzed and moaned about being at the track until 1 or 2 am with a top only groove????

Joe Spiker did what he thought was best for the fans, as most have a job the next day or a life, including himself and his workers.

Not every person at the track took 2 weeks off for this event. Sure it's not fair to some who scheduled their plane tickets but what if Friday or Saturday would of got rained out??? Reschedule for Sunday I'm sure.

Nobody is happy and nobody wins on a rain out. It's been that way since Henry Ford started racing and won't change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmemmer View Post
are they going to give ya 12 dollars back haha i doubt it ******** finally get a sprint week date and they dont even try. its one thing to make up a race during sprintweek its another to do it after it was suppose to be over on saturday some people probley have flights to catch sunday

Don't even try? LPS could see by the look of the track what was instore for them to do. Standing water around the berm and soaked everywhere else. At least 2 hours of track work to get it ready. That's not a farm behind the track so LPS only had their equipment to work the track not a fleet.

4 members like this post: agar, Dannypollock24, SHORTBUS, speed bump
7/20/12, 4:15 PM   #15
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by batch56 View Post
bmemmer, where do you need to fly to on sunday? It rained hard at lps yesterday. I am not sure that the decision to not race was all joe spikers. I believe this was a sanctioned race where that sanctioning body makes most of the decisions. No body wanted the race cancelled!!

It rained and a decision was made to reschedule and all the complaining in the world wont make a difference.

They could of just cancelled?

At least we have a race to go watch or participate in on sunday!
im sure usac pulled the plug before spiker did...usac cancelled when it was too hot......spiker didnt......joe wants to race not cancel shows

2 members like this post: bus man, speed bump
7/20/12, 4:37 PM   #16
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallsracing View Post
im sure usac pulled the plug before spiker did...usac cancelled when it was too hot......spiker didnt......joe wants to race not cancel shows
USAC asked Joe how long it would take to get the track ready... after the answer. It was a joint decision to reschedule.

The track was still soaking wet this morning. The racing surface had been prepped and watered all week long. It wasn't suffering from drought conditions.

They made the right decision last night!

5 members like this post: agar, bus man, Dannypollock24, dirt330, SHORTBUS
7/20/12, 4:45 PM   #17
CB24

Race Count This Year: 5

Is this race going to count in Sprint Week points? Or will it be just a regular USAC show? And I apologize if this has been covered, I looked and couldn't find an answer.

7/20/12, 4:46 PM   #18
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Sprint week points will count.

1 member likes this post: CB24
7/20/12, 5:46 PM   #19
Motormasher

Like I said, this is one BIG MESS.....it should end at Haubstadt like it was scheduled to.
Now is Kokomo not gonna run either?
And what is gonna happen to Farmer City trying to run Sun night?

Posted via Mobile Device

7/20/12, 5:49 PM   #20
Bill Gardner
Administrator

http://www.kokomospeedway.net/schedule.html

7/22 - OFF WEEK

Looks like it worked out just fine!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway-USAC Rain Date