IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
DonRacer (Offline)
  #1 12/30/07 3:51 PM
True or False?

Al Soran (Offline)
  #2 12/31/07 2:35 PM
I don't know. I suspect those with money would find a way to spend it on their engines, and still whip the farm kid who put a blower on nitrous into his sprint car. It would certainly be neat to see, and hear.

How about instead of head rules, and injection size rules, etc. We just apply a "stock rods" rule. I know, Al's gone crazy again. But, a racer isn't going to spend $3000 on a set of heads that are going to get smacked by a $800 set of pistons that have a chunk of a good ol' chevy pink rod hanging from them. A simple window in the oil pan would make regulating the rule quick and easy. Bottom line would be less hp, less power, better racing, and your farm boy might be able to hang with the Rockerfellers. $.02:kookoo2:
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #3 12/31/07 3:07 PM
A even easier rule to enforce is a compression limit. Thats so easy to test it's rediculous.

Chuck, who thinks it would make a lot of motors last much longer and only affect the racing on the tackiest of tracks.

Charles Nungester
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #4 12/31/07 3:25 PM
My $.02 why not leave it alone? Most of the drivers do not want to change things and most of the car owners do not want to change. Like people say the people with money are going to spend it and the people without are going to do what we can to keep up. I have noticed that when a rule is made to save the little guy money it is the little guy that pays the most. Just a poor car owners $.02 cents worth.

Jerry #66j
www.joshspencer.com
Dyno Don (Offline)
  #5 12/31/07 3:29 PM
Most of the Non-Wing Sprinters have more horsepower than the track can handle, why would they need more horsepower.

I do agree, let people build what they want, but I think they will soon figure out it is a waste of money.
StandOnThePedal (Offline)
  #6 12/31/07 3:50 PM
In my openion it doesnt matter what size motor you have if you look back at the 305, 360, 410 race in California Hockett won with a 305. Once a track slicks off you dont need a 850 horse motor because it wont hook up unless you have a wing up top.
okie (Offline)
  #7 12/31/07 5:30 PM
decrease the size of the rear tires. get rid of bead locks.what differnce does it make if you are spinning 850hp or 550 hp?
DJ Ott22
  #8 12/31/07 6:12 PM
Originally Posted by okie:
decrease the size of the rear tires. get rid of bead locks.what differnce does it make if you are spinning 850hp or 550 hp?
Why get rid of beadlocks? You want the tires to come off the rim and someone get killed?
grumpy racer (Offline)
  #9 12/31/07 6:32 PM
Here it goes again,why does this subject keep coming up on this board. Jerry spencer said it right WE the car owners have never said we want to change the engine specs. Changing engine rules would cost every team that runs locally thousands of dollars to update, and I am sure affect car counts. Leave the sleeping dog alone,and want save racers money find something else to mess with IMO.:thumbsdown:
DonRacer (Offline)
  #10 12/31/07 6:55 PM
Harry Armenius