IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > old track?
9/17/11, 10:22 PM   #1
old track?
JSBH03

Just wondering, is there an old track on 40 around Clayton? South side of the road. There is some lights up that look like it circled a track.
Posted via Mobile Device

9/17/11, 10:25 PM   #2
Re: old track?
hoss90

That was an old tractor and implement auction that was closed ten or twelve years ago!

9/17/11, 10:31 PM   #3
JSBH03

I wondered if it was something like that!
Posted via Mobile Device

9/18/11, 1:51 AM   #4
Re: old track?
410racer

I'm not sure exactly where your talking about but if some of the "older" members on here might help. Wasnt there a few "adult film outdoor theaters" sprinkled across US 40 that had lights surrounding the area??

9/18/11, 3:09 AM   #5
Joe Whisler

Thinking back to when I was a kid, I want to say there were 3 different drive in movie places between Plainfield and Putnamville. At least one had "adult movies." There was the Stilesville Implement Auction just east of Stilesville on the south side of US 40. There is also a little league baseball field right in Belleville. Going back to 1977, those are the only things I can think of along the way.

There are a few places I still can see today that have been long gone. There is an old roadside scale station that most would never know was there. I still see a few old motels. The one I always thought was neat looking was The Walker Motel with the "Walker" guy on the sign. I think there was a flea market or two, also.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > old track?