IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 'Silver Crowners' Stanbrough-Darland-Tyler-Fike
1/31/15, 10:51 PM   #1
'Silver Crowners' Stanbrough-Darland-Tyler-Fike
Midwest Connection

Hello IOW Friends,

Have a good day...see you at the races,

Rich
Last edited by Midwest Connection; 2/12/15 at 9:03 PM.

2/1/15, 11:37 AM   #2
team3521

AWESOME shot. Really. I LOVE standing next to the rail (even though its dangerous and you're not supposed to) and watch silver crown cars fly by. I love it! Thank you for bringing that excitement into my eyes on such a crappy winter day.

1 member likes this post: mc/rider
2/1/15, 12:17 PM   #3
Re: 'Silver Crowners' Stanbrough-Darland-Tyler-Fike
Midwest Connection

team3521,

Being up that close is not the safest place to be standing when the peddle is to the metal for sure. It was at the Indy Fairgrounds I was standing up rail from another photographer. As I was taking photos I noticed something that appeared on the photo's when I was reviewing my photos. Well, it was the other photographer I was standing next to. He was leaning a good two feet or so over the guard rail. I moved, but as I did, I said to myself this guy is going to loose an arm at the least. The race cars come through there wicked fast and low at times.

Another place where you better be watching, if taking photos is Oswego Speedway with the supermodifieds. When they come by you can actually feel the ground move, I am serious. Wicked fast are them supermodifieds.

Rich

1 member likes this post: team3521
2/3/15, 2:55 PM   #4
Re: 'Silver Crowners' Stanbrough-Darland-Tyler-Fike
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

LOVE IT!!! This is a GREAT photo! I love the background too!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 'Silver Crowners' Stanbrough-Darland-Tyler-Fike