IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: What do you call a budget-minded Midget?
D-II, Division 2 Midgets 28 31.11%
Sportsman Midgets 45 50.00%
AA Midgets 5 5.56%
Midget "Lites" 12 13.33%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Great Name Debate
1/30/15, 7:18 PM   #31
Re: The Great Name Debate
DAD

Dick

Thanks for chiming in we need an outside point of view. That goes back to my other true love "Competition"!!!! It makes everything better, if one class can furnish enough cars and put on a race that the crowd enjoys and will pay to see that lower class will have the upper hand. If they don't they will just disappear. What ever the outcome the fans will be the winners. The race fans in the Mid west are spoiled. We have Sprint cars all over Indiana and Kenny Brown races Midgets all over Illinois. We have a very astute fan base and they want to watch what they want to watch. The only problem is we don't have a lot of young fans in the bleachers. If you went to any race track around Indiana and looked around, you won't be bothered with a bunch of kids running around or young family's. What you will see are a bunch of set in their ways upper middle age old people, who know exactly what they want to watch.

1/30/15, 7:27 PM   #32
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Very true statement DM....

Bill Jones all jokes aside you have a Lightning sprint...I mean a Mini Sprint .... uh wait a minute?

What I am trying to say is IF you come to Florida it will be a Southern States Midget....If you race at Montpelier you race as a Midget....If you race with the IMRA you race as a Midget....If you go race with the PowrI Outlaw Midget Series in New England...You race as a Midget

Just as DM has said Those groups have different power plants but are the same car. I had a lil bird tell me that if the car count at the Shootout was no better next year for both Midgets and Lightning sprints they might combine the show in 2017

Like it, Love it, Hate it "WE-ARE-MIDGETS!"

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

2 members like this post: DAD, jjones752
1/30/15, 7:37 PM   #33
DAD

Wayne

Thanks I needed that.

By the way we do race a purpose built "FSC Mini Sprint Chassis". Too bad they are so hard to get a hold of.

I keep working on that problem also, but it is just like getting rid of that "Something Sprint" name.

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
1/30/15, 7:41 PM   #34
Rpracing1

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, DAD, dkdorkboy, Wayne Davis
1/30/15, 7:51 PM   #35
Wayne Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Dick

The only problem is we don't have a lot of young fans in the bleachers. If you went to any race track around Indiana and looked around, you won't be bothered with a bunch of kids running around or young family's. What you will see are a bunch of set in their ways upper middle age old people, who know exactly what they want to watch.
THAT is not JUST an Indiana problem!!

BRP had at most 150 fans on Wed. night for crate late models paying $2000.00 to win
Last night he had EXACTLY 91 people in the stands EXACTLY paying $3000.00 to win.

We as a WHOLE need to wake the hell up cause tracks are DYING all over the US...

What have you guys that are going to DuQuoin need week down to help promote it?

Yes I am the promoter and this Gator"DIRT"National is my race but the track does little to promote. I have put 690 miles on my truck in the last week passing out flyers dragging my car all over Jacksonville and surrounding areas in the open trailer and have had nothing but good response. Going tomorrow to the new Autobahn and put my car there. Will also give out over 1000 free tickets Buy 1 pass get 1 free for Thursday nights race.

The point is I have done that at many tracks throughout my 45 years of racing cause we need the fans. Now more so than ever. Don't just ask "what can this series or track do for me" look at the BIG PICTURE...What can you do for the Series or Track....

Thanks Bill Jones for Picking up the tab for the trophies next week at DuQuoin. Wish I could make it!!!!!

1 last thing "If we do not debate or discuss it even on these forms, we don't know!" I personally think it is a good thing....we all have our own opinion but I will say be constructive as it has been but if you want change or not, don't just set idle!!!

2 members like this post: jjones752, SWScaleChassis
1/30/15, 7:54 PM   #36
Wayne Davis

next!!

1 member likes this post: hoscalecody
1/30/15, 9:17 PM   #37
DAD

Wayne

You said it, and I wasn't listening!!!

Come up with a group of racers. OK

Get a catchy Acronym for it. OK

Develop a set of simple easy to define rules or guide lines that describes the type and dimensions of the cars you wish to race OK

Then apply the Acronym to the type of car "Midget" you wish to race OK

From then on out you are a XXXX Midget with your own set of rules and definitions. OK

How about

Kentucky Midget Sanctioning Association...Midgets or "KMSA Midgets" this would work for any group Your rules define the race car, dang that is simple. Now if we could work on inclusion of slightly different types of race cars? We would all be selling Midget races.

If the fans don't like our type of race car we won't force them or hold them there, just send them down the road. Gas is cheap

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 1/30/15 at 9:21 PM.

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
1/31/15, 12:33 AM   #38
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

I just read in the Area Auto Racing News that the ATQMRA has joined forces with the local 600cc mini-sprints. If I understand it correctly, they will all be TQs.

1/31/15, 6:03 AM   #39
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Monahan View Post
I just read in the Area Auto Racing News that the ATQMRA has joined forces with the local 600cc mini-sprints. If I understand it correctly, they will all be TQs.
Dick

I beg your pardon, everybody knows that TQ's can not be chain driven, and the shaft drive Honda TQ's sure don't want anything to do with a 600cc Sidewinder. The sidewinders would eat them TQ's up and spit them out.

Honest Dad himself

1/31/15, 8:59 AM   #40
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

2 classes,starter&push start

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Great Name Debate