IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Rumors Come From Indy Racing Expo
1/30/15, 12:55 AM   #1
New Rumors Come From Indy Racing Expo

This last weekend, was the Indy Circle Track Expo. And as usual, the race talk was fueled by rumors. Even though PDP Racing (Jim Payne, Chad Delagrange, Tom Paterson) did not have a presence at the Expo this year because I had to work, as usual we were the hot topic of the expo. So just like last year, I thought I’d address some of the rumors flying around about PDP Racing.

Rumor: Since I helped crew for Kevin Olson at the Chili Bowl, we at PDP Racing have now bought a franchise in his light bulb repair business.

Truth: While I’m sure that Kevin (or as I now get to call him “KO”) makes a huge profit on these light bulb repairs, with the advent of the CFL bulbs, I don’t see the quantity being there. It seems most of his business comes from conspiracy theorists that think the CFL bulbs are a government conspiracy to keep Thomas Edison’s family from getting payments from General Electric for his invention.

Rumor: KO has reached an agreement with PDP Racing to partner with him in a Chili Bowl entry for next year.

Truth: While it is true that there are a couple of midgets at the PDP Racing Research and Development Headquarters at the Delagrange Plantation in Waterloo, Indiana, it is also true that the newest one has a Studebaker Champion Six Cylinder in it. While this would fit right in with Kevin’s open face helmet, and it would definitely make the weight limit, I think the promoters at the Chili Bowl would frown on the lack of roll cage or even a roll bar.

Rumor: PDP Racing has been banned from racing in the Silver Crown Series by USAC because we were developing a steam powered turbine engine that we stole the plans for from Andy Granatelli’s estate.

Fact: While there are those that would blame USAC for everything from Global Warming to Taylor Swift’s twitter feed being hacked, we have not been banned from the Silver Crown Series nor are we developing a steam powered turbine engine. Although it would be an interesting idea. In reality, I would give up certain body parts to race a Silver Crown car, especially at the Indy Fairgrounds.

Rumor: Sara, my body guard and traveling companion, is really a Ninja Warrior trained by Kurt Bush’s ex-girlfriend.

Fact: While I am legally bound to not comment on this, let’s just say when we are together, I sleep lightly………very lightly.

Rumor: Jim Payne (the first “P” in PDP Racing) is really Justin Bieber in disguise.

Fact: While I can’t say for sure, I doubt if this one is true. Jim drives a sprint car. He would not need to have his photos “enhanced” like the “Bieb” did. But I have never seen the both of them in the same place. Have you?

While rumors abound, the truth is we at PDP Racing will be racing our Dynamite pavement car at various Auto Value Super Sprint and King of Wing events. We also plan on running a few non winged pavement events hopefully including the Little 500. We also plan on running our dirt car more, especially the four non winged races at my home track of Plymouth Speedway. And who knows, we may give you guys a couple of surprises. But there is one fact that remains. No matter how many races we run, or how we do, the three of us will still be friends at the end of the year.

Tom Paterson
PDP Racing

1/30/15, 1:54 AM   #2
Re: New Rumors Come From Indy Racing Expo
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Your posts are too few and far between. Thanks so much for setting the record straight regarding these rumors.

1 member likes this post: Danny Burton
1/30/15, 3:59 AM   #3
Can26

And I hope that your sprint car plans include getting the "Bieb" back into Canada again. We missed him last year.

1/30/15, 9:17 AM   #4
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

That was a fun read!

1/30/15, 10:30 AM   #5
Panama

K.O. radio interview from the Chili Bowl, it is classic K.O.

https://mgmt.firststreaming.com/av/a...817d9d6a59.mp3

1 member likes this post: dirtball
1/30/15, 11:47 AM   #6
n8dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can26 View Post
And I hope that your sprint car plans include getting the "Bieb" back into Canada again. We missed him last year.
Id vote for deporting the little Dick permanently . You guys can have him .
Dave

1/30/15, 10:31 PM   #7
PARKS

Well Tom, That sure cleared things up. Thanks!

2/1/15, 12:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan View Post
Your posts are too few and far between. Thanks so much for setting the record straight regarding these rumors.
Thank you. My job involves a bit of travel and sometimes I get bored. I read a lot of books and it sometimes it inspires me to write. You should see the things that I don't put on here!

Tom Paterson
PDP Racing

"Like" PDP Racing on Facebook

2 members like this post: bobO, sprintracer82
2/1/15, 1:04 PM   #9
trecraft

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1121 View Post
Thank you. My job involves a bit of travel and sometimes I get bored. I read a lot of books and it sometimes it inspires me to write. You should see the things that I don't put on here!

Tom Paterson
PDP Racing

"Like" PDP Racing on Facebook
Will you be at the Little 500 this year? Inquiring minds want to know.

2/1/15, 10:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by trecraft View Post
Will you be at the Little 500 this year? Inquiring minds want to know.
Yes, we will be. That race is my passion and I hope that as long as I'm still driving, I will be trying to make that race.

Tom Paterson

2 members like this post: davidm, team3521
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Rumors Come From Indy Racing Expo