IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midgets at Southern Illinois Center Feb 7th
1/31/15, 4:56 PM   #91
Re: Midgets at Southern Illinois Center Feb 7th
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith8 View Post
Dad I am willing to bet you I have won more races at Montpilier than you. I have won there in TQ Midgets not a full Midget (AJ Felker was my owner and crew chief). I have won there in a wing and non wing 360 sprint car (Notice I put 360 in front of sprint car). As for never getting in a full blown Midget i have actually competed in one a couple of hundred times on dirt and Pavement (actually have 1 win). As for never getting close to a 410 sprint car check out the 1994 Usac year book. I have a little 410 experience on pavement and dirt as well with or without a wing ( have won a few of them also but they were not USAC). And to the guy posting on here I was dense maybe . To the guy that said It was easy to have balls posting on here. My question to him is how many laps have you made in a sprint car or midget at tracks a 1/2 or bigger. How many laps have you made at Salem and Winchester in under 16 seconds or how many times you ran Eldora with or without a wing ? Good luck to all at Duqoin and Florida and be safe ��
B

I sure would like to get rid of screen names. As for me for the last 40 years or so I have been "DAD". I had a TV add once that had me saying "There really is a Dad and I am Him!!!"

When did you drive for AJ.? Doug ran his only Midget race up at Montpelier in AJ's old Pontiac, finished 7th on the opening night.

We race because we love it. If I won the lottery maybe a Midget but I'll be damned if I let him get on anything bigger than Montpelier. So I guess for now we just go up there and race and have fun.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 1/31/15 at 5:24 PM.

1 member likes this post: bsmith8
1/31/15, 5:03 PM   #92
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJHolley View Post
So Wayne,

Let's say you're going to buy a car, The pictures shows a Corvette but when you get there, it's a Cobalt.. Are you still going to buy it because it's a "Chevy?"

But it is a Chevrolet and I was looking at buying a Chevrolet. ..would love to have the "Corvette" but I can't afford the Corvette....I can however afford a Chevrolet Cobalt....I can't afford a "NATIONAL" midget but I can afford D-2 Midget....

same principle....different entity

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

1/31/15, 5:11 PM   #93
bsmith8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
B

I sure would like to get rid of screen names. As for me for the last 40 years or so I have been "DAD". I had a TV add once that had me saying "There really is a Dad and I am Him!!!"

When did you drive for AJ.? Doug ran his only Midget race up at Montpelier in AJ's old Pontiac, finished 5th or 6th on the opening night.

We race because we love it. If I won the lottery maybe a Midget but I'll be damned if I let him get on anything bigger than Montpelier. So I guess for now we just go up there and race and have fun.

Honest Dad himself
I actually ran Bill Felkers TQ for 2 seasons in UMRA and we won a couple of shows with a Pre teen AJ Felker turning the wrenches LOL. AJ's Dad wrenched on my sprintcar a few races in the mid 90s. I did run AJs midget at the HUT Hundred in the late 90s. Then when AJ was old enough to drive he started kicking my butt in TQs and the Midgets . Felkers are great people. Good luck to you and your race team this year. 👍🍻Bobby Smith.

3 members like this post: Avon Open Wheel fan, DAD, Wayne Davis
1/31/15, 5:36 PM   #94
Re: Midgets at Southern Illinois Center Feb 7th
DAD

Quote:
I actually ran Bill Felkers TQ for 2 seasons in UMRA and we won a couple of shows with a Pre teen AJ Felker turning the wrenches LOL. AJ's Dad wrenched on my sprintcar a few races in the mid 90s. I did run AJs midget at the HUT Hundred in the late 90s. Then when AJ was old enough to drive he started kicking my butt in TQs and the Midgets . Felkers are great people. Good luck to you and your race team this year. ����Bobby Smith.
Bobby

Well you aint't no spring chicken. I can lay most of my addiction problems on the Felker's. I was a recovering raceaholic when Bill invited me to watch young AJ race his non wing mini sprint against all the winged Mini Sprints at Little Salem. I have managed to control my Passions and subdue my desires but it is always a fight.

I really enjoy getting under people's skin and hopefully getting them to use their Brain. Wonder what kind of deal I could get on a FSC 1000cc Midget toward one of them sim racers. They do look a little safer to this old Mother Hen race car tycoon and owner --advisor, I get in the way when I try to help.

You do realize I have to drive 80 miles to ask AJ who the hell you are, don't you because he won't pick up the phone for me.

Says he is going to teach me to text, to that I say BullSh1t.

Thanks Bobby that saved me a drive. Bill Felker and I raced Micros against a guy named Butch Smith a former sprint car driver and engine builder up in Frankfort Ky.

AJ was still working on his mechanic skill when we first met but that kid went through Brake Clean and Carb cleaner by the case cleaning and detailing that darned Mini Sprint. Come to thing about it he hasn't changed much.

He is truly a Journeyman Racer's racer>>>Driving>>>Fabricating >>>or engine building, I am very proud of him.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 1/31/15 at 7:34 PM.

2 members like this post: Avon Open Wheel fan, bsmith8
1/31/15, 6:02 PM   #95
bsmith8

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexin View Post
And if my Aunt had balls, she would be my uncle........

You might want to find out who is posting on this topic before you throw a statement like that out there.

I guess I should have made my user name AFoyt14. That way everyone would back up my opinions.
Apexin maybe you should follow Scott Baues suggestion and research who is posting. Because you sure as hell don't . Bobby Smith 8

1/31/15, 9:23 PM   #96
apexin

Quote:
Apexin maybe you should follow Scott Baues suggestion and research who is posting. Because you sure as hell don't . Bobby Smith 8
I don't need to research anything. His claim was that you have run more races than all of the posters in this thread combined. i have been racing since I was 5 and I'm now 48. Last count was over 900 races in my lifetime and I know some of the other guys that have posted in this thread also have some pretty high numbers. You could easily have me covered, no problem, but all of us combined, that would be pretty tough. I'm sure the number for all of us would be over 2,000. If you raced 30 races a year for 50 years you would only be at 1500.

I wasn't putting you or anyone else down, just stating that I wasnt someone that raced for a couple of years and quit. Sorry for the confusion as it was never meant to be a " my wanker is bigger than yours" statement.

2 members like this post: bsmith8, Wayne Davis
1/31/15, 9:27 PM   #97
bsmith8

Quote:
I don't need to research anything. His claim was that you have run more races than all of the posters in this thread combined. i have been racing since I was 5 and I'm now 48. Last count was over 900 races in my lifetime and I know some of the other guys that have posted in this thread also have some pretty high numbers. You could easily have me covered, no problem, but all of us combined, that would be pretty tough. I'm sure the number for all of us would be over 2,000. If you raced 30 races a year for 50 years you would only be at 1500.

I wasn't putting you or anyone else down, just stating that I wasnt someone that raced for a couple of years and quit. Sorry for the confusion as it was never meant to be a " my wanker is bigger than yours" statement.
It's all good lol. 👍🍻

1/31/15, 9:29 PM   #98
apexin

Quote:
It's all good lol. 👍🍻
Funny thing is that I would be willing to bet we have been in the same A main more than once!!!!

1/31/15, 9:31 PM   #99
bsmith8

Quote:

BTW Apexin ur buddies sim set up is awesome👍🍻

1/31/15, 10:05 PM   #100
Slider20

*Yawn*

3 members like this post: bsmith8, DAD, RickyBobby
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midgets at Southern Illinois Center Feb 7th