IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brazil IndyCar Cancelled - Silver Crown Premier Event
1/30/15, 9:28 PM   #11
miledirt

Completely agree...Lord willing this year will mark my 40th consecutive Ted Horn 100, apart from a few rainouts

1/31/15, 3:20 PM   #12
Re: Brazil IndyCar Cancelled - Silver Crown Premier Event
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
About the cancelled race...
http://www.wthr.com/story/27976853/i...race-in-brazil

As we watch the continual slide of the IndyCar series and more and more of our best American open wheel short track talent go to Charlotte for Memorial Day weekend instead of the Brickyard, it again makes me wish that the Silver Crown series or Championship Dirt Car series had a premier event. I know it's about money and sponsorship and I know that guys like Rico would still end up in NASCAR, but still wouldn't it be cool if our series had it's own big premier event during the schedule?

A guy can dream, right? Here's what I posted this on the group Facebook page several months ago....

Question: Is it possible to get a good track condition for a dirt track in May in daytime conditions?
Here's my scenario: The 2015 Hoosier Hundred
The Saturday before the Indy 500
Hotlaps at 9:00a
Qualifying at 11:00a
Semi Feature(s) at 12:30p
Feature at 2:00p
20,000 to win
10k more added throughout the field
- sing "Back home again in Indiana" - It's an American thing
- do the balloon things too
- bigger purse means higher car counts
- you could still get to Anderson in time, drivers and fans
- in essence, make this USAC Championship Dirt Car event the feel of what the Indy 500 used to be
The Indy 500 is still great and will forever be special, but we just aren't going to see the best American open wheel short track talent race their anymore. These guys in the Silver Crown series, our guys, need a premier event. If it's not the Hoosier Hundred, then a different race. Do it at DuQuoin at night or Springfield during the fair.
One big time USAC champ car a year, the big daddy
I liked the schedule last year. I definitely wouldn't want to see it run the day before the Indy 500 for my own selfish reasons. I commute from Evansville, and if the Hoosier Hundred were run the day before the 500, I would have to skip it. The schedule the last couple of years with the sprint cars running at Terre Haute on Wednesday, The Hoosier Hundred on Thursday worked perfectly for me, as it allowed me to attend Bloomington on Friday.
Having said that, however, I would like to see the Hoosier Hundred returned to its' long time traditional date of the Saturday after Labor Day. That was when they filled the place and you had to get your ticket a year in advance.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brazil IndyCar Cancelled - Silver Crown Premier Event