IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Must see racing moves season opener to north carolina
1/29/15, 5:47 PM   #1
Must see racing moves season opener to north carolina
Pavement Dave

MUST SEE RACING MOVES SEASON OPENER TO NORTH CAROLINA

January 29, 2015 – Holly, MI – Must See Racing announced today that the Must See Racing Sprints will kick off their 2015 season at Hickory Motor Speedway in Newton, North Carolina on April 3rd and 4th featuring two nights of high speed action. The event will be part of the ‘10th annual Easter Bunny 150’ PASS South Super Late Model event.

The series has started each of the last three seasons in Pensacola, FL and Mobile, AL. The new location allows the series to showcase ‘The World’s Fastest Short Track Cars’ to fans in a different area of the southern states. Track records are certain to fall along the way as the series races in front of the new fans.

The event is shaping up to be a ‘Southern Showdown’ as the Tampa Bay Area Racing Association (TBARA) teams are invited to participate in this event. The TBARA has been in a dormant state since club members decided to temporarily put the series in hiatus several weeks ago. A vote by the club in the coming weeks will determine if the TBARA will accept the invitation.

The MSR sprints will pay $3,000 to win with the event televised on a taped delayed basis for MAVTV.

The ‘Easter Bunny 150’ has become one of the more popular early season short track events in the Southern part of the country in recent years. In addition to the Must See Racing Sprints and PASS South Super Late Models, the event will feature PASS Pro Late Models, Legends, and USAC Eastern HPD Midgets.

“The Easter Bunny 150 is the biggest race for the PASS South series” explains PASS media relations guy Alan Dietz.” It has a real good purse and has become a very prestigious race to win. There aren’t a lot of big Super Late Model races in the spring. The very first event PASS ever held was the Easter Bunny 150 back in 2006 at Hickory. With the addition of the Must See Racing Sprints, this year’s event will offer something for everyone. There is a lot on the card from top to bottom. This will be a high horsepower event with two top divisions. You’ll get your racing fix” concludes Dietz.

Jim Hanks of Must See Racing added “We have been very fortunate to open the season in the deep south over the last several years, however, because of the current state of pavement sprint car racing in Florida and the opportunity to race in a different part of the country we decided to take advantage of the offer to compete at the first class Hickory Speedway in a great event with PASS. A two night event will attract race teams and give the fans plenty of wheel to wheel racing action. The event is closer to our home base, introduces the unparalleled speed of winged pavement sprint cars to new fans, plus, the track length and configuration at Hickory is perfect for the Northern MSR 410’s and the Southern 360’s to compete evenly and fairly without compromising the rule books or very importantly, the engines. We are really looking forward to starting the season at

this new and exciting area, track and event.”

The ‘Southern Showdown’ will pit the top Southern and Northern winged pavement sprint cars head-to-head. This event could prove to be one of the biggest pavement sprint cars events ever held in the South in recent seasons. In addition, the event is expected to draw the top pavement sprint cars drivers from across the nation.

The entire Must See Racing schedule is expected to be released in the coming days. More details on the proposed ‘Southern Showdown’ are expected to be announced as well by visiting www.mustseeracing.com.

1/30/15, 1:44 PM   #2
Re: Must see racing moves season opener to north carolina
Rod

Seeing Pensacola (4/10) and Mobile (4/11) still have winged sprint cars on thier schedule, I suppose it's reasonable to think that Davey Hamilton's King of the Wing sprint car series will now sanction these events? Does anybody know?

2 members like this post: Puppy, team3521
1/31/15, 2:35 AM   #3
team3521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod View Post
Seeing Pensacola (4/10) and Mobile (4/11) still have winged sprint cars on thier schedule, I suppose it's reasonable to think that Davey Hamilton's King of the Wing sprint car series will now sanction these events? Does anybody know?
That's exactly what I've heard and what I was assuming too.

2/1/15, 11:26 AM   #4
truth

Mobile and Pensacola cancelled disregard the scheudles. Makes good since driving 1200 miles to
Hickory $530.00 in gas. I dont really think that the same teams would drive 2400 miles $1000 Gas next
weekend to Mobile and Pensacola. Should be an interest year for asphalt racing with MSR, Davey
Hamilton, AVSS and Southern Sprint Series in the East. I have heard that alot of so called
scheduled and announced races have now been cancelled. Thats probably why no schedules are
being posted. Looking forward to watching all of these series. Hickory, NC at .363 mile asphalt
oval is hardly bigger than a go kart track compared to Pensa and Mobile. But it should be good
short track racing.
Last edited by truth; 2/1/15 at 11:45 AM.

2/1/15, 11:32 AM   #5
team3521

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
Mobile and Pensacola cancelled disregard the scheudles. Makes good since driving 1200 miles to
Hickory $530.00 in gas. I dont really think that the same teams would drive 2400 miles $1000 Gas next
weekend to Mobile and Pensacola. Should be an interest year for asphalt racing with MSR, Davey
Hamilton, USAC, AVSS and Southern Sprint Series in the East.
The only asphalt races that I'm aware of that USAC has on their schedule is I think like 4 or 5 silver crown races. That's it.

2/1/15, 11:33 AM   #6
truth

I correct my statement. No USAC at Winchester yet.
Last edited by truth; 2/1/15 at 2:23 PM.

2/1/15, 6:32 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Don't think theres been a USAC sprint pavement race in about four years.

2/1/15, 10:03 PM   #8
trecraft

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 14

Only 40 miles to Hickory.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Must see racing moves season opener to north carolina