IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > First Time Smackdown
8/15/16, 8:31 PM   #1
First Time Smackdown
NMrace48

My wife and I are thinking of coming down for the BC Celebration and stay for the smackdown. As first timers what do we need to know? Are good tickets still available? Where are the best places to stay? Are there things to do during the day? Any helpful comments would be appreciated.

8/15/16, 8:53 PM   #2
Jesse B

It will probably be a full house every night. There is always general admission. Usually standing room only. Kokomo usually gets pretty dusty, I bring clear glasses.

1 member likes this post: AB Racing
8/15/16, 9:27 PM   #3
addictedtodirt

Get there early Wednesday. The place will fill up and it is general admission with no reserved seating. When getting in Wednesday , ask about seats for the rest of the weekend. You may get lucky and get the same seats every night. The ladies at the ticket window are friendly and helpful. Come early each day and mingle with race teams and fans. You'll be hooked.

1 member likes this post: rachasin
8/16/16, 7:05 AM   #4
rclaridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse B View Post
It will probably be a full house every night. There is always general admission. Usually standing room only. Kokomo usually gets pretty dusty, I bring clear glasses.
Saturday night last year was the worst I've ever seen at Kokomo,the racing was fine but without eye protection you couldn't watch it!

1 member likes this post: Jesse B
8/16/16, 8:45 AM   #5
Re: First Time Smackdown
Jonr

If you have never been to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, you need to plan a day trip to go visit. They have a museum that is awesome for any race fan. Also, take the tour of the speedway. It is pretty awesome as well. When I went they had the basic tour and the advanced tour, spend the extra money to take the advanced tour. It was worth is.

8/16/16, 8:54 AM   #6
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Kokomo Auto Museum,

8/16/16, 8:59 AM   #7
D.N.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMrace48 View Post
My wife and I are thinking of coming down for the BC Celebration and stay for the smackdown. As first timers what do we need to know? Are good tickets still available? Where are the best places to stay? Are there things to do during the day? Any helpful comments would be appreciated.
http://kokomospeedway.net/smackdown-...mes/#more-1730

8/16/16, 9:30 AM   #8
Nate

I made up a basic guide for first timers on the blog. Might be some help, might not. Have fun, it's a great event and with Wednesday this year being a celebration to honor BC it should be ever better.

http://indianasprintcarnews.blogspot...smackdown.html

2 members like this post: interpreter66, jim goerge
8/16/16, 10:58 AM   #9
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

Every year when someone asks this, I recommend the tour at Kokomo Opalescent Glass. The tour is the best take in town.

http://www.kog.com/the-factory.html

2 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Steve Wendel
8/16/16, 4:40 PM   #10
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMrace48 View Post
Welcome to iow. Its always great to have a new member. Thanks. Come and enjoy the great racing hospitality provided by the greatest racing fans and racing teams anywhere. You will mark this racing events on your schedule next year. Only the best for you. Thanks.

2 members like this post: DirtHawk92, jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > First Time Smackdown