IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Stephen Cording (Offline)
  #31 12/9/11 1:29 PM
What an interesting evening yesterday, started off OK and by 11pm.

Flights booked for June & July.

Merry Christmas everyone see you all track side real soon.

6 Likes: cowboyhar69, Danny Burton, jim goerge, mowerman, VSneader2, Vukie
ISF (Offline)
  #32 12/9/11 3:41 PM
Originally Posted by Mud Packer:
Morty,

Are any of the dirt tracks in Illinois running traditional sprint cars at all? I know a couple of tracks have tried with limited success. I wish the powers to be could make some in roads at getting sprint cars on the racing program. Some nice tracks that would provide some quality racing in my opinion.
I too wish they'd run a couple of shows besides Pontoon Beach.

Farmer City Raceway is talking about running a weekly non-wing show on Sunday nights in 2012. They ran a non-sanctioned show there in September (I think) and had a pretty good turn out with cars and crowd. I'm working on hearsay since I was too busy to go. Since they had a pretty good turnout they scheduled another show in October and it was rained out I believe.

If Farmer City does run this coming season it sounds as if it will be unsanctioned, unless there have been developments since I last read about it. It would be the only non-wing weekly sprint racing that I can think of in the state of Illinois.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
Kansasdirtfan (Offline)
  #33 12/9/11 4:06 PM
Originally Posted by oldfan49:
a new travelling non wing 410 series starting up in the Missouri/Kansas area in 2012.
A bit off the topic of this thread, but this is the first I've heard anything about a non wing series in this area. Does anyone have any more information? Thanks.

Bob Nikkel
cws9 (Offline)
  #34 12/9/11 4:20 PM
Originally Posted by Kansasdirtfan:
A bit off the topic of this thread, but this is the first I've heard anything about a non wing series in this area. Does anyone have any more information? Thanks.

Jacked from racinboys.com. This is the tentative schedule for the new WAR (Wingless Auto Racing) series......

Here are the dates that we are currently looking at, please keep in mind this is a TENTATIVE schedule some dates and tracks may change.

April 13 Grain Valley Friday
April 14 LA Raceway Saturday
June 23 Lucas Oil Saturday
June 24 XX Speedway Sunday
July ? ACR Atchison Sunday
August ? ACR Atchison Sunday
Sept. 7 Grain Valley Friday
Sept. 28 Lucas Oil Friday
Sept. 29 Lucas Oil Saturday
Oct. 19 Grain Valley Friday

Keep in mind this is only 10 dates we still have 5 more to go and I'm trying to get those in the months that we are light, May, July and August. I will be finalizing the schedule soon so look for more details in the near future. If you are interested in the series and would like more info. please send me your e-mail address and I will try to keep you informed. E-mail me at sprnt9c@charter.net. Thanks Tony.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #35 12/9/11 4:24 PM
Since THAT is on both the Sprint and SC schedule. I assume there is some promotion deal worked out? Did track Enterprises get it or is it another USAC Run thing?

Charles Nungester
Jonr (Offline)
  #36 12/9/11 4:39 PM
Originally Posted by Kansasdirtfan:
There has been some talk about this series on some other boards. It is a little misleading. Is it a 410 series, yes. Is it a 360 series, yes. Is it a 305 series, yes. More like a pot luck series than anything else.
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #37 12/9/11 5:42 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Since THAT is on both the Sprint and SC schedule. I assume there is some promotion deal worked out? Did track Enterprises get it or is it another USAC Run thing?

Paging Terrehautian!!

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #38 12/9/11 5:56 PM
Originally Posted by cws9:
Jacked from racinboys.com. This is the tentative schedule for the new WAR (Wingless Auto Racing) series......

Here are the dates that we are currently looking at, please keep in mind this is a TENTATIVE schedule some dates and tracks may change.

April 13 Grain Valley Friday
April 14 LA Raceway Saturday
June 23 Lucas Oil Saturday
June 24 XX Speedway Sunday
July ? ACR Atchison Sunday
August ? ACR Atchison Sunday
Sept. 7 Grain Valley Friday
Sept. 28 Lucas Oil Friday
Sept. 29 Lucas Oil Saturday
Oct. 19 Grain Valley Friday

Keep in mind this is only 10 dates we still have 5 more to go and I'm trying to get those in the months that we are light, May, July and August. I will be finalizing the schedule soon so look for more details in the near future. If you are interested in the series and would like more info. please send me your e-mail address and I will try to keep you informed. E-mail me at sprnt9c@charter.net. Thanks Tony.
Will this series have a website? Thanks in advance.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
wbr (Offline)
  #39 12/10/11 8:13 AM
Thanks for getting all 3 schedules together so soon this year USAC.
oppweld (Offline)
  #40 12/10/11 6:57 PM
An awesome schedule as far as I am concerned. Lincoln off, Big Diamond on, great adjustment, Lincoln was a yawner this year. Knoxville off, two days at Osky, (Hopefully water included) is definitely better than running on a dry slick track with 360 slot cars. Everybody who hasn't been to the Ditch (West Memphis) need to catch that one for sure, you might even see Jeff Swindell in the field that night. Don't forget Wilmont without wing will be epic. The only addition I would like to see is the return of the Ron Shuman Classic at Lakeside, a great race, awesome trophy,and quality support class the Good Old Time Racing Association who race real classic old cars.