IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Alex Zanardi
1/25/19, 10:48 AM   #1
Alex Zanardi
Vookie

I wish he could have raced in the Indianapolis 500, who knows maybe someday he will.
https://www.nbcsports.com/video/imsa...-hand-controls

1/25/19, 10:55 AM   #2
Vookie

https://racing.ap.org/article/it-was...zanardis-crash

1/25/19, 11:30 AM   #3
Re: Alex Zanardi
Stevensville Mike

He'll be in the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona tomorrow driving a BMW M8 for Team RLL. John Edwards, Jesse Krohn, and Chaz Mostert will be the other drivers. The latter is a top gun in the Australian Supercars series. They are starting last in class in GTLM, but in a 24 hour race, what can possibly go wrong to scramble the running order?

Other notables who have been in and out of IndyCars and IOW forum chat and are in this annual gigantic kickoff event:

Helio Castroneves, Alexander Rossi, Juan Pablo Montoya, Simon Pagenaud, Fernando Alonso, Ryan Briscoe, Scott Dixon, Sebastien Bourdais, Jack Hawksworth, A.J. Allmendinger, Katherine Legge, Simona DeSilvestro, and Townsend Bell amongst others.

NBCSN has 12 hours of coverage. The rest is imsa.tv or other internet sources.

I recommend watching it to all. A great way to break up the winter cold.

https://sportscarchampionship.imsa.c...117&sessid=875

1/25/19, 11:43 AM   #4
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
He'll be in the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona tomorrow driving a BMW M8 for Team RLL. John Edwards, Jesse Krohn, and Chaz Mostert will be the other drivers. The latter is a top gun in the Australian Supercars series. They are starting last in class in GTLM, but in a 24 hour race, what can possibly go wrong to scramble the running order?

Other notables who have been in and out of IndyCars and IOW forum chat and are in this annual gigantic kickoff event:

Helio Castroneves, Alexander Rossi, Juan Pablo Montoya, Simon Pagenaud, Fernando Alonso, Ryan Briscoe, Scott Dixon, Sebastien Bourdais, Jack Hawksworth, A.J. Allmendinger, Katherine Legge, Simona DeSilvestro, and Townsend Bell amongst others.

NBCSN has 12 hours of coverage. The rest is imsa.tv or other internet sources.

I recommend watching it to all. A great way to break up the winter cold.

https://sportscarchampionship.imsa.c...117&sessid=875
12 hours of coverage???? The Chili Bowl was too long! LOLOLLOL. Srsly just kidding! - I will catch as much of this as I can...&/or record it and listen to it when who knows...lol
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

2 members like this post: RockinRy, Stevensville Mike
1/25/19, 12:23 PM   #5
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
12 hours of coverage???? The Chili Bowl was too long! LOLOLLOL. Srsly just kidding! - I will catch as much of this as I can...&/or record it and listen to it when who knows...lol
But, unlike the Six Hours of Tulsa, this enduro goes non-stop.

5 members like this post: chrismattlin, luckybuc97, ronmil, superstock30, TNRustler
1/27/19, 3:47 PM   #6
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
But, unlike the Six Hours of Tulsa, this enduro goes non-stop.
Not true. It has stopped many times for rain, including LARGE portions this year...they had to be more desperate for interviews than the 90mins that had to be filled at Tulsa...these people were hardly awake! lol. Not much that can be done about it tho. Is what it is.

1/27/19, 5:24 PM   #7
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

When Roger Penske says he has never seen a race anything like it, you know it was really something! There was a lot of great racing until the rain intervened and ultimately brought the race to a premature end. Had to have been miserable for the drivers, pit crews and broadcasters.

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, jdull99
1/30/19, 8:52 AM   #8
Unlucky#9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
If you were unable to catch it live, or record it. Check out IMSA's youtube page, they'll usually have the entire race broadcast posted a couple days after the event(normally in 3 or 4 6 hour long videos). Or you can also watch all of the races from past seasons(back to ~2014)

1/30/19, 9:21 AM   #9
Kinser11

I wonder how many of the Daytona 24 hour teams will be brave enough to take on the 24 hours of Atomic?

May 24-25 - "24 Hours of Atomic" - 24 Hour Race General Admission only $5

Besides Basic Safety stuff, the rules are open. If the Vehicle is under 24 feet long it is legal.

Everyone talks about going dirt racing and this is their chance.

https://www.atomicspeedway.net/

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
1/30/19, 7:08 PM   #10
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky#9 View Post
If you were unable to catch it live, or record it. Check out IMSA's youtube page, they'll usually have the entire race broadcast posted a couple days after the event(normally in 3 or 4 6 hour long videos). Or you can also watch all of the races from past seasons(back to ~2014)
Highlight show on Friday night too I guess...NBCSN seems REALLY committed to this series...AND Indycar...plus lets not 4get they aired the Indy midget race last year too!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Alex Zanardi