IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Help Needed-Dave Sink
8/28/17, 3:20 PM   #1
Help Needed-Dave Sink
Poorboyjocko

I would like to take a minute to ask the racing community for some financial help for a person that some of U know or may of seen his pictures and racing articles in Flat Out or NSSN. His name is Dave Sink or better none as Pavement Dave. Dave has taken photos for many years all over the country. Dave starting his racing experience with me as a crew member during the Stoops racing days in the mid 80's. Last night Dave had to have his right leg amputated above the knee due to an infection from diabetes. Like most young ppl, Dave has no health insurance and no nest egg to fall back on. This is a very deserving young man that would give U the shirt off his back to help any one and ask nothing in return. There is a fund set up to help Dave. https://www.youcaring.com/davesink-914834
I will be helping Dave, his wife and daughter in all way possible so he will not loose his home & business he purchased on contract along with medical expenses. If U don't want to use this fund, U could drop a donation to me. Just make it out to Dave Sink and mail it to me.
Thank You

Phil Poor
4510 Pitt St.
Anderson, IN. 46013
765-610-4409

Pdpoor@aol.com

8/28/17, 6:55 PM   #2
interpreter66

If you've ever been to the little 500 you might not know him by name but you know who he is. Dave loved to be on the first turn suites on the roof takeing incredible shots as they came in to turn one.I met Dave 15 or 20 years ago through our mutual friend and fellow photographer Max Dolder.he is a great guy and Phil is right he would give you the shirt off his back . Dave is also the biggest supporter and champion of the little 500 that there is if you can spare anything to help Dave out please do so !
Last edited by interpreter66; 8/28/17 at 9:57 PM.

8/29/17, 6:52 PM   #3
Re: Help Needed-Dave Sink
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpreter66 View Post
If you've ever been to the little 500 you might not know him by name but you know who he is. Dave loved to be on the first turn suites on the roof takeing incredible shots as they came in to turn one.I met Dave 15 or 20 years ago through our mutual friend and fellow photographer Max Dolder.he is a great guy and Phil is right he would give you the shirt off his back . Dave is also the biggest supporter and champion of the little 500 that there is if you can spare anything to help Dave out please do so !
Back to the top so we can help this amazing man/Friend

Jerry #66j

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, interpreter66, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
8/31/17, 9:24 PM   #4
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer View Post
Back to the top so we can help this amazing man/Friend

Jerry #66j
Bttt

2 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
9/1/17, 1:19 PM   #5
Re: Help Needed-Dave Sink
Brian Thompson

Met Dave back in 1994 Memorial Day Weekend. Pavement Dave kept telling us about Anderson and sparks coming off off winged sprints on pavement and we just shook our heads. he also let us know that you were his neighbor Phil. He thinks very highly of you. Never forget playing wiffle ball at Steve Remington's with the Horcher Bros, Jim Viviano, Rex, and Steve. Dave was terrible and Remington hung him with a name I wont mention on here. The man truly loves racing and a hell of a nice guy. hate to hear about his troubles. Love to help the guy out.

Brian Thompson
Last edited by Brian Thompson; 9/1/17 at 1:31 PM.

3 members like this post: interpreter66, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
9/2/17, 12:05 AM   #6
team3521

Hey Dave,
If you read this, know we're all praying for you and your recovery.

2 members like this post: interpreter66, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Help Needed-Dave Sink