IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jim Hurtubise Classic at Terre Haute Friday
8/30/14, 12:36 AM   #51
Re: Jim Hurtubise Classic at Terre Haute Friday
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I first encountered rain near Princeton; the pavement was still not completely dry, but the sky was clearing. But, as I continued north, it began to rain in earnest south of Vincennes. Then it was rain free for several miles. I stopped to eat in Sullivan and a quick downpour occurred, followed by the sun reappearing. But, as I headed north, the rain seemed to follow all the way. By the time I got to the track nearly everyone had gone. I did find out the makeup date, which doesn't exactly thrill me. I have tickets for both Friday and Saturday at Eldora, which means I have to go to Terre Haute and return to Evansville before leaving early Friday.
I have experienced more rainouts at Terre Haute than any other track, this being the second trip I made this year which ended in a rainout.

8/30/14, 12:40 AM   #52
Re: Jim Hurtubise Classic at Terre Haute Friday
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
I first encountered rain near Princeton; the pavement was still not completely dry, but the sky was clearing. But, as I continued north, it began to rain in earnest south of Vincennes. Then it was rain free for several miles. I stopped to eat in Sullivan and a quick downpour occurred, followed by the sun reappearing. But, as I headed north, the rain seemed to follow all the way. By the time I got to the track nearly everyone had gone. I did find out the makeup date, which doesn't exactly thrill me. I have tickets for both Friday and Saturday at Eldora, which means I have to go to Terre Haute and return to Evansville before leaving early Friday.
I have experienced more rainouts at Terre Haute than any other track, this being the second trip I made this year which ended in a rainout.
Ron, we got almost to Sullivan when we checked IOW as the sky clouded up, and got the rainout notice. We never saw a drop of rain with sunny skys all the way back to E-ville. So only about 2 Hours 15 min wasted and got back to see North High School lose their second game of the season........Oh Joy!!!!
Last edited by Rpracing1; 8/30/14 at 12:42 AM.

1 member likes this post: ronmil
8/30/14, 1:41 AM   #53
Dirt Man Bill

16th WOO Kokomo
Last edited by Dirt Man Bill; 8/30/14 at 1:43 AM.

8/30/14, 1:45 AM   #54
Dirt Man Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
They don't want to run against WoO at Eldora but would rather piggy back them at both tracks for fan support.

17th WoO THAT
18th USAC That
19th WoO Eldora
20th USAC Eldora
Also 16th WOO Kokomo

8/30/14, 8:04 AM   #55
65 Push Truck

It was an eventful trip on a motorcycle for sure. Rain gear on leaving Princeton, off at Vincennes. Back on just north of farmersburg. Tremendous downpour in Terre Haute only to have the sun out by the time I was heading home. About Fowler Park ran into another outburst. Zero visibility for about 2-3 miles. Sun out before Vincennes, rain gear off and home just in time to watch Princeton win 35-14 over Pike Central. Just another 160 mile motorcycle ride here in good ol southern Indiana. Looking forward to the 18th.

1 member likes this post: mc/rider
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jim Hurtubise Classic at Terre Haute Friday