IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Trucks on Speed at Eldora
7/25/13, 1:50 AM   #111
Honest-Sam

Better than I thought it would be. Anyone? Track was what it was 'supposed to be', which is camera friendly and windshield friendly. Track crew did a great job of obliging NASCAR in my estimation. Probably hard to provide a custom order racing surface. Again, and it sort of pains me, but the racing was better than I thought they would have.

Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, team3521, wright59
7/25/13, 5:52 AM   #112
Re: Trucks on Speed at Eldora
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by INRacingFan View Post
Who here thinks next year the Trucks should run both Eldora and Knoxville?
No. Terre Haute. . .

3 members like this post: jim goerge, Task Force, wolfracer69
7/25/13, 6:27 AM   #113
team3521

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmakin View Post
No. Terre Haute. . .
How about all three of them? The seating and facility for all the camera crews and Napcar officials would be what they were looking at though, not what we look at for an awesome race track.

Posted via Mobile Device

7/25/13, 7:05 AM   #114
BrentTFunk

I thought it was a pretty good show. I thought the track was prepared well for the trucks. It was an Earl style 4 crown track. I also thought it was good enough to make a good impression on non dirt fans. Eldora got a ton of attention from this that it could not have gotten from anything else. I thought they did a good job.

7/25/13, 7:19 AM   #115
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

I admit it came off better than I thought it would. I knew 30% of the field would put on a show. It was the other 70% that I thought would ruin it my making mistakes all night. Everybody did a good job given their experience. The track was exactly what I thought it would be so knew that going in.

I still have no interest in attending in person, but it was good entertainment on a Wednesday night. I wouldn't stay home from a race to watch it though.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, mowerman, oldfan49, wright59
7/25/13, 8:31 AM   #116
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Heres the thing I'd change about it. Id have LMs and Mods and run their whole program before the trucks ever touched the track for qualifying, heats anything,

The racing never got good untill it was slick top to bottom and that only happened after the LMs ran in between the heats and the consi.

Another thing I would change is not having yellow laps count, Expecially in the final segment. I would love to see the final segment be the 60 lap segment as well.

4 members like this post: jim goerge, jrd115, smith19, team3521
7/25/13, 8:51 AM   #117
hungthrottlepodcast

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 20

Don't know if this means anything, but my Twitter feed blew up with comments last night about how good the race was and about how the people tweeting needed to find their local dirt track (I'm a pavement guy and so are most of people I know on Twitter).

This was the best Wednesday night I've had in a long time. I enjoyed the race, but was hoping Kyle would get Austin. Yellow flag laps should not be counted in the last segment.

7 members like this post: fish, jim goerge, jrd115, mtek56, ronmil, speed bump, team3521
7/25/13, 9:06 AM   #118
rr826mh

The video clips and the dirt racers in the intros was worth tuning in.

1 member likes this post: speed bump
7/25/13, 9:06 AM   #119
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

That was a very good race last night! The feel good story of the night was Norm Benning fighting for that last spot in the B-main!

How many race fans that watched or attended their first dirt track race will go to another dirt race in the near future? Who knows, I bet some will give it a go. I'd just like to see their face when a pack of Sprints, Late Models or Modified fire off for hot laps on a heavy track!

4 members like this post: goat, Irk11, jim goerge, speed bump
7/25/13, 9:15 AM   #120
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Get ready for having to stand to watch a race.........

LOL

4 members like this post: goat, jim goerge, mtek56, Tom23
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Trucks on Speed at Eldora