IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paducah last night
4/20/24, 3:04 PM   #1
Paducah last night
flagboy55

Did anyone else watch the Outlaws from Paducah Kentucky last night? I’ve been there a couple times but it’s been a long time. I had forgotten what a bada$$ racetrack it was. Sheldon absolutely going full send was fun to watch. Reminded me of old Eldora and what I saw at the Burg last year. Hopefully they never neuter that track because they were flying.

4 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, luckybuc97, nathans1012, spicoli
4/20/24, 3:17 PM   #2
Re: Paducah last night
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Yes, I was there. Place was absolutely packed. Chilly, windy, and dusty with it blowing straight into the grandstand made it difficult to see even with glasses. My first time there. The turns are super wide and made for some exciting racing. Leaving was horrible, took 45 minutes to get out of the field, they could definitely use some traffic control. Don't know what it looked like on TV, but ya they were hauling Azz.

Oh and the place is not a dump, like someone on Hoseheads posted. Clean nice bathrooms. Didn't go to the concession, cause the line was about a hour long.
Last edited by Chief Wahoo; 4/20/24 at 3:25 PM.

4/20/24, 3:54 PM   #3
tdt636

I saw latemodels there about 15 years ago. It was awesome then. Is it still super high banking?

3 members like this post: flagboy55, luckybuc97, nathans1012
4/21/24, 12:49 AM   #4
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdt636 View Post
I saw latemodels there about 15 years ago. It was awesome then. Is it still super high banking?
Yes, high banked and very wide turns. Lots of 3-4 wide racing and sliders. Was hard to pick what battle to watch. I’d go back depending on what series is running. I bet the midgets would be incredible there as well. Yes, there could be some improvements, but even tho I got back home at 2 am I’d still go back. Note to Mother Nature, next time blow your wind opposite direction.

4/21/24, 11:55 AM   #5
dsc1600

The line getting into 1 to avoid the ruts was not for the faint at heart.

2 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, nathans1012
4/21/24, 7:02 PM   #6
Hubie48

I went to this track a LOOOOONG time ago

Loved your post Chief!

2 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, Hustlin-Hoosier
4/22/24, 2:35 PM   #7
TNRustler

I live in Paducah and decided not to go. I've been going to races for over 30 years and have never been one to really complain about a dusty track because even with the best tracks it can happen sometimes. But when I went to the Summer Nationals last year, you couldn't even see the cars between turns 3-4. From everyone I've talked to this track is notorious for getting dusted out. I would love to go to this track regularly since it's about 15 minutes from my house, the configuration is nice and wide so it lends itself to multiple lines of racing and the promoter seems really committed to making this track successful. They are not afraid to schedule bigger shows and have made many improvements to the facilities so I wish them the best. Unfortunately until they can get the dust under some kind of control, I get my racing fix out of town.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paducah last night