IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rockford (IL): WOO Sprints & Badger Midgets. Good Field
6/29/16, 5:48 PM   #1
Rockford (IL): WOO Sprints & Badger Midgets. Good Field
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Rockford Speedway
Loves Park, Illinois
www.rockfordspeedway.com

Wednesday, June 29th 2016
"Outlaw Clay Classic"
Good field of cars there tonight.
36+ WOO Sprints & close to 40+ Badger Midgets already there tonight
-
Check the race monitor website for live timing and scoring - http://www.race-monitor.com or the WOO Sprint website at - http://www.woosprint.com/live-scoring
Last edited by nathans1012; 6/29/16 at 6:07 PM.

6/30/16, 3:01 AM   #2
treecitytornado

There actually 26 WoO Sprints, not 36. Schatz got his 11th Win of the season. Track conditions were not good! Pavement was showing in spots!

1 member likes this post: dirtball
6/30/16, 7:27 AM   #3
miledirt

Huge crowd, fantastic finish

1 member likes this post: fish
6/30/16, 11:39 AM   #4
Re: Rockford (IL): WOO Sprints & Badger Midgets. Good Field
ISF

Track was horribly rough and actually contributed greatly to Christopher Bell getting into the front stretch wall on exit of turn #4. Up until Bell wrecked he was putting on quite a show despite the track being a mess.

Track conditions also was a huge factor in the Badger midget A-main crash that eliminated close to a half dozen cars.

That being said the drivers and teams worked very hard to put on a good show, and it was, in fact, a pretty good show. We'll never know how good it would have been with reasonable track conditions.

It will be interesting to see how the track will hold up under the heavier dirt late models tonight.

1 member likes this post: dirtball
6/30/16, 2:28 PM   #5
koolaid89

Who's managing the racing surface for this venture?

6/30/16, 5:06 PM   #6
hungthrottlepodcast

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 20

There was a great field of cars (both midgets and sprints). The track was really rough and it was tough to pass. That being said, it was a huge success. The track did everything they could to keep the track raceable and I do not fault them one bit. It's a special race so what the track became is just part of the deal. The four of us still had a very enjoyable time.

4 members like this post: dirtball, jdull99, Joe T, Ray3
6/30/16, 11:58 PM   #7
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Last I checked the fans don't have to race on it. Didn't hear any drivers complain and thought it was exciting as hell. Smooth and slick does get quite boring when it's like that all the time everywhere I go. Great show. Real drivers like it like that once in a while. Stan Fox used to say ,"the rougher the better".

1 member likes this post: fish
7/1/16, 12:57 AM   #8
treecitytornado

Guess your not friends with any WoO drivers? I am and there were several not happy. Rough tracks are hard on cars! May not break something until the next time you run and then it puts you in the wall or upside down!

2 members like this post: dirtball, jdull99
7/1/16, 1:29 AM   #9
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I seen the video, But Im more convinced that Winged sprints, Unless setup loose can no longer race in the fluff. I don't know if they are too stiff, frame rails hit or what but they look like bucking bronco's every time they hit some loose stuff.

I used to watch Robbie Stanley take his own car above the cushion at Whitewater and run his own groove. He didn't pass much in the heats or even halfway into the feature then after he got it worked in was passing two cars a lap.

I know they made LPS grade it off but the old days some guys would use it to their advantage and just go up and cut their own groove.

Just a fan observing what I see. Im probaby totally wrong, But it just seems that non wings can run above. or is that setup somewhat the same too? Levi and Ballou, Clayton do it occationally. Levi now retired.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/1/16, 6:49 PM   #10
Ray3

http://www.jeffburba.com/Racing-Phot...Classic-Day-1/

Here are some photos from the first night of the Outlaw Clay Classic at Rockford Speedway

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rockford (IL): WOO Sprints & Badger Midgets. Good Field