IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Where to move in Indiana/Ohio?
1/27/15, 10:24 PM   #1
Where to move in Indiana/Ohio?
Hustler

Race Count This Year: 18

I took a job and will have to be based in the Midwest area including Illinois Ohio Indiana Kentucky Michigan and Wisconsin. My wife and I have narrowed it down to Indiana due to taxes being the best there but wanted to get some opinions as to where to live. We like to have land and have a 3 month old.

1/27/15, 10:29 PM   #2
brady

Can't go wrong with Lizton

2 members like this post: Mattmac05, turn4
1/27/15, 10:32 PM   #3
Re: Where to move in Indiana/Ohio?
koolaid89

We were actually considering doing the same not that long ago. We had narrowed our focus on the Carmel / Noblesville, In area... Very nice area, situated nicely amongst race tracks.

1/27/15, 11:09 PM   #4
treecitytornado

Greensburg, Indiana is a great place with a ton of friendly people that care, affordable living, plenty of jobs, and much more!

1/28/15, 12:50 AM   #5
racefan20

Depends how much $ you have to spend, the north side of Indy(Carmel, Noblesville, Zionsville, Fishers) is a little pricier. I live west, try looking at Avon, Plainfield or Brownsburg. Nice areas but a little more reasonable prices. Greenwood to the south isnt bad either. I am within 1.5 hrs of 5 sprint car tracks and add another hr to that to get to Eldora or Haubstadt. Cant beat it.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1 member likes this post: drob201
1/28/15, 1:53 AM   #6
PatrickMead#13

Not knowing your whole situation, but lake St. Mary's is coming back strong and land prices are very good. Besides, you're in Ohio sprint car country in that area and Indy state line is about 20 minutes away. Beautiful area up there.

1/28/15, 2:13 AM   #7
JstAbvVMC

I am about a year away from moving to Indiana from CA. I have been looking in the Noblesville, Cicero, Sheridan area's, but I'm looking for 20+ acres to build a home and race shop.

1 member likes this post: racer-x
1/28/15, 2:40 AM   #8
flagboy55

I would recommend some place with in a 15 or 20 minute ride from kokomo speedway. You got the best weekly show in the country, great national events, and only a couple hours away from so many other outstanding tracks. When life gets in the way of racing, you know you always have the Sunday night sprint car race at kms to enjoy and not take up your whole day or night

1/28/15, 6:14 AM   #9
nonwing77

Quote:
Originally Posted by JstAbvVMC View Post
I am about a year away from moving to Indiana from CA. I have been looking in the Noblesville, Cicero, Sheridan area's, but I'm looking for 20+ acres to build a home and race shop.
If you are looking in those areas,I would look a little farther north into the Tipton and kokomo areas. Plenty of rural areas with lower taxes and probably a little cheaper acreage. Just a thought.

2 members like this post: Nate, reeserx
1/28/15, 6:21 AM   #10
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonwing77 View Post
If you are looking in those areas,I would look a little farther north into the Tipton and kokomo areas. Plenty of rural areas with lower taxes and probably a little cheaper acreage. Just a thought.
Yeah I'd agree on that as well, Sheridan may be a little cheaper but Cicero and noblesville are expensive areas. Cicero because of the lake and noblesville because it being close to Indy. Tipton county area has a lot of land

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Where to move in Indiana/Ohio?