IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 crown weather
9/19/13, 11:10 PM   #1
4 crown weather
axman775

With the weather expected this weekend, how will it impact the weekend? I'm sure outlaws will be rained out. How much rain can the track take for saturday?

9/20/13, 8:01 AM   #2
Re: 4 crown weather
larsonfan
Banned

I'd assume they have the track sealed-off right now in anticipation of the rain. We've seen this movie before with the 4 Crown race....rain on Friday, clears-up Saturday morning and we run the USAC portion Sat night. Just checked that Nat Weathr Serv site for Greenville - shows rain over by early morning Sat with the wind shifting to the NW in the morning which means the front has come through.

Let's think positive, and we'll see a great race tomorrow! I'm so exicted, I won't be able to sleep tonight! My favorite race day of the year!!

1 member likes this post: ShamrockRacin'48G
9/20/13, 8:58 AM   #3
ShamrockRacin'48G

My old friend Warren Mockler used refer to driving the Champ cars as "drivin' the bus"....I think the Champers at Eldora in the last feature at 4-Crown after the track has a million miles on it takes extreme skill. It always amazes me to see 4Crown, but it also signals the end of the racing season which is sad....Hope to see y'all there...I also hope as in previous threads, 4 crown can be rejuvenated somehow...

3 members like this post: EBookerFan, larsonfan, ronmil
9/20/13, 12:14 PM   #4
Koonzee

Sunny now. Haulers lined up.

9/20/13, 12:21 PM   #5
Jerry Spencer

light mist on the west side of Kokomo right now but that does not count this time as the rain is more from the south. Paul our oldest lives in Muncie and he said it is forecast for heavy rain after one oclock, Kokomo is supposed to have heavy rain about the same time. Im sure Tony has his crew on top of things and is prepaired for what ever happens.

Tough call, not a good day to run a race track.

Good luck

Jerry #66j

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 crown weather