IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
dirttrackfan6371 (Offline)
  #21 5/17/18 3:24 PM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
Its Gas City it was announced a month ago
I was just at USAC on schedule for sprint week still no announcement on July 20th and nothing on Gas City schedule for that date so anyone know for sure
brsteg (Offline)
  #22 5/17/18 3:39 PM
Originally Posted by dirttrackfan6371:
I was just at USAC on schedule for sprint week still no announcement on July 20th and nothing on Gas City schedule for that date so anyone know for sure
I know for sure... I was asked very politely and very seriously not to post anywhere. But it is on the USAC Schedule T-Shirt if you are at the races this weekend. It is not Gas City.

Was told an announcement would be officially made after the 500.
2 Likes: luckybuc97, tirespinner
Babbfan (Offline)
  #23 5/18/18 2:05 PM
So since it was rained out tonight, do we get a little sneak peak of the shirts?!!
SprintFan8574 (Offline)
  #24 5/18/18 2:49 PM
🙄
SprintFan8574 (Offline)
  #25 5/18/18 2:57 PM
Originally Posted by brsteg:
I know for sure... I was asked very politely and very seriously not to post anywhere. But it is on the USAC Schedule T-Shirt if you are at the races this weekend. It is not Gas City.

And yet here you are posting about it🙄
hoosier race fan (Offline)
  #26 5/18/18 5:00 PM

6 Likes: Charles Nungester, dirt330, luckybuc97, mc/rider, nathans1012, wildman92
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #27 5/18/18 6:12 PM
If somebody is having it, It's kind of a messed up way to promote it as people schedule their vacations and travel-hotels months in advance.

At very minimum USAC should say there is, or isn't a race on that date as it was on the schedule when it came out as TBD.

Charles Nungester
13 Likes: billw, Dirtfan, erich45, i love dirt track racing, IndianaSprintFan, luckybuc97, mc/rider, PIT CART, PJ Wright, racer-x, rapid robert, ryan84, spicoli
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #28 5/18/18 8:34 PM
It's kind of obvious that it will be on a dirt track inside of turn 3 at IMS.

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, trackprep
Sprints fan 11 (Offline)
  #29 5/19/18 4:55 PM
So if it is after the 500 it will be at the track. They don't have to advertise much. Bound to get 10,000 easy. Have some entertainment could get 20,000
PushEm (Offline)
  #30 5/19/18 6:11 PM

Its been tough to keep quiet about it I know.