IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > abandoned speedways
9/15/09, 9:29 AM   #61
Re: abandoned speedways
tyler1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveD View Post
New Bremen OH "the blueprint for Eldora" This storied track is mostly there. A sportsman club now uses it. Walked in about '94, everything there but "falling in". I heard Earl bought or leased it and then closed it after building Eldora?? Hope this post shakes some memories. Eaisly seen on Google map north of town.
Can you post a pic of it? Would like to see it

9/15/09, 9:33 AM   #62
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Dayton /cincy speedbowl/ landeck/ rubberbowl/ft. Miami/ tri county/forrest park/powell/state fairgrounds/springfield/boone hill/devils bowl/bedford/ all in ohio!

9/15/09, 10:38 PM   #63
butlergrafix

Attachment 1479

i searched the the new breman, oh racetrack and here was the google earth image... looks very simular to Eldora to me as far as how the track was shaped- i've never heard of the new breman racetrack before.

9/15/09, 10:44 PM   #64
butlergrafix

Attachment 1480I dont know if they ever raced sprints here but as a kid i remember mini sprints running there. Mainly a street stock/modified/bombers race there. This was a racetrack that was 5 minutes from my hometown - martin co speedway- i was there all the time as a kid and i think the track closed in the mid 90's. Kinda sad to see it closed as it is the place that truly got me interested in the sport...

9/16/09, 9:31 AM   #65
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by butlergrafix View Post
Attachment 1479

i searched the the new breman, oh racetrack and here was the google earth image... Looks very simular to eldora to me as far as how the track was shaped- i've never heard of the new breman racetrack before.
its all gone now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > abandoned speedways