IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ossuks (Offline)
  #41 9/3/08 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Clydesdale:
Why does Don Moore have so much hatred toward USAC? Correct me if im wrong but doesn't he have a big USAC logo on his trailer? Maybe im thinking of somebody else but i thought he did. Also, wasn't he one of the few owners of a midget that still raced at Union County so how can saftey be a big problem of his?
DM-10 can not have a very big sticker as he travels in the smallest trailer. JMO- Dm-10 is one of those that has to be involved in something that gives him the feeling of purpose. His personal bashing of USAC makes him feel better about himself, better about his own short-comings.

DM-10 always brings up the 16 wheeler that he insisted to refer to as 18. The sponsor provided the equipment, the graphics company provided the graphics, it gets better gas milage that a pick-up with trailer.

When Kevin and Don wake up each mourning they have the same opportunities in life. One of these men has at his disposal a 16 wheel trailer and one has a 2 wheel trailer, one is jealous, and one doesn't even know or care about the pesty meek existance of the other.
DonMoore10 (Offline)
  #42 9/3/08 11:25 AM
The previous post was written by an employee of the United States Auto Club.
PJ Wright (Offline)
  #43 9/3/08 11:58 AM
Wouldn't it be useful to have a rational discussion about safety without it turning into a critique of trailer size and a general :angry-smiley-007:?
Patti asked some reasonable questions. Kevin gave some reasonable answers. I guess there's no way we could leave it at that.
thebus79h (Offline)
  #44 9/3/08 1:37 PM
Originally Posted by Clydesdale:
ATT: Don Here's how its related. You are on here all the time trying to bad mouth USAC and now you are talking about safety but i believe your midget was one of the ones that continued to race that night at Union County. Correct me if i'm wrong. And now you wanna bring up the safety thing again. You hate USAC sooo much and yet you throw it on your trailer. Thats the thing that confuses me.
I may be out of line here Don, and if I am, you can yell at me like a little child. The point is that if Union County had problems and they pulled out, but yet there was a pretty large issue like this at Duquoin, then why wasn't the race cancelled there as well? Why was UC under the microscope, but no other track?
Midget82
  #45 9/3/08 1:41 PM
Originally Posted by ossuks:
The sponsor provided the equipment, the graphics company provided the graphics, it gets better gas milage that a pick-up with trailer.
I didn't think that thing would run on gas... :rolling
DonMoore10 (Offline)
  #46 9/3/08 2:45 PM
Originally Posted by thebus79h:
I may be out of line here Don, and if I am, you can yell at me like a little child. The point is that if Union County had problems and they pulled out, but yet there was a pretty large issue like this at Duquoin, then why wasn't the race cancelled there as well? Why was UC under the microscope, but no other track?
That is precisely the point, and thanks for being on topic!! The issues that I pointed out at the DuQuoin Mile track could have been easily corrected. There were about 5 temporary concrete barriers protecting the Victory Lane area on the inside of the track. The northern most one was the problem as the others were in line. It appeared to me that a fork lift could have moved the five barriers south about 4 feet which would have allowed the first barrier (the problem one that was sticking out on the track) to be pushed in adjacent and in line with the existing permanent concrete barrier. The SUV parked within a few feet of the concrete fence could have been moved in 2 minutes. The wooden sign could have been taken down by the fairgrounds crew in a short time also. There were also several poles sticking up a few feet above the guardrail right along the inside fence in each turn. Not sure whether they were plastic or metal.

I would like to point out that the DuQuoin Mile track appears to be a very safe facility as far as permanent structures go. I'm sure an insurance company would have no problem with that place. The temporary items were the questionable ones.
LEADERS EDGE (Offline)
  #47 9/3/08 2:58 PM
Years ago, the champ cars pitted on the straightaway itself, so I would say the situation is much safer today than it once was.

Don is on USAC alot, but so are alot of people. Even I think that he is a little hard on them sometimes, but Don is a perfectionist and that is how he sees it. If USAC is presenting themselves as the best, then they should be the best.

I'm honestly guessing here, but I would say his beef with the trailer is this: Why is it that it seems that the groups that sponsor USAC seem to sponsor the org. more than the competitors? USAC is rolling a 16 wheel machine, but the purses aren't up and things like U.C happen even though there is a dedicated Safety Team in place to prevent such situations.

As far as Don's trailer, he is probably the smartest one out there. Everything he needs is in there.

I can guarentee everyone here a few things:

1) If Don ran a series, it would be done right. At least what he feels is right. No Gray area. You may not want to be on the wrong end of his temper, but he would take care of the racer.

2) I've had a small glimpse of Don's "meek" existance. If that's "meek"; sign me up. They are truely inheriting. Trust me, Don has it pretty good and is very accomplished. He is pretty close to being the "Steve Kinser" of his chosen profession.

Does saying all of this put me on Don's knob? Not really. Does he bring on the responses to him? Sure. I don't agree with many things Don says. I've had many disagreements with him, but I do respect him because he is a straight shooter. Even if I don't always agree with his target.
sprntr (Offline)
  #48 9/3/08 5:25 PM
Originally Posted by DonMoore10:
There were also several poles sticking up a few feet above the guardrail right along the inside fence in each turn. Not sure whether they were plastic or metal.
Furlong posts for the Horse Races.
e.g.
  #49 9/3/08 5:50 PM
Is that tony guy that wants the photo of the conditions at the mile the same guy who promoted union county. the same guy who allegedly questioned the manhood of the drivers who wouldn't stay and run over the p.a.

just wondering
eric gordon
Mike McCormick
  #50 9/3/08 7:03 PM
Originally Posted by DonMoore10:
The previous post was written by an employee of the United States Auto Club.
How long is Don Moore going to be allowed to lie instead of responding constructively to posts that completely dismiss anything he has to say?