IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Taking Over The Helm Of GC...
2/6/24, 5:04 PM   #31
Re: Taking Over The Helm Of GC...
OnTheHammer

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 35

Been almost a month. Where is the 'official' announcement and a schedule?

3 members like this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J, PIT CART, progressive22
2/7/24, 10:32 AM   #32
DirtTrackTherapy16J

OnTheHammer your right, it has almost been a month since the now former promoter publicly announced on Gas City Speedway Facebook page (very shortly after I started this thread mind you) that he was stepping away from the track and moving on and that the track would be under new management. Comments were blocked and no announcements have been made since.

I dont own the property, I dont promote the track, I am not employed by the track, I dont make the decisions. I simply support the track all I can. I also like you and many others would love for an announcement to be made on who is taking over and see a schedule for 2024. However, just like I told my brother who wasn't happy about no schedule yet, why? What's the rush? Its the first of Feburary. USAC posted their schedules and it shows 3 races at GC. Midget Week, Sprint Week, James Dean Classic. Never seen a person schedule their vacation nor racing life and schedule around weekly shows.

If you want more answers, faster answers, maybe try calling the track or reaching out to them on social media. Maybe comments have been turned back on. Maybe they will respond and have answers when and if they respond. If you dont like my answers, sorry. If you dont like me, sorry not sorry.

2/7/24, 4:15 PM   #33
Speedmax3

There is no official announcement coming yet as Gas City Speedway is still in limbo. There is a group that is ready to take over promotion and they asked the owner to provide a contract about a month ago. So far no contract has been provided so as time goes on this certainly doesn't help the possible new promoters put a schedule together even though I'm sure they have some idea of what it might be.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, spicoli
2/9/24, 10:31 AM   #34
BrentTFunk

I am surprised that none of the experts, who did nothing, but bash Larry have stepped up. Would have been a great way to show us how to do it.

2/9/24, 10:40 AM   #35
The Old Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I am surprised that none of the experts, who did nothing, but bash Larry have stepped up. Would have been a great way to show us how to do it.
Now, now, Brent. Don't be an agitator Otherwise, you will have change your name to Maytag

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, OnTheHammer, tirespinner, TQ29m
2/9/24, 5:50 PM   #36
B99

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
That might have required intelligence, hard work and money, not just typing skills.

2/25/24, 11:07 AM   #37
TQ97

Last year the non USAC portion of the schedule was announced on Feb 28th. Facebook postings and other whispers are that one of the financial backers of the new promotion has backed out. Seems like if something was to happen in regards to any sort of regular schedule we’d find out within the next week. Seems like GC is on life support unfortunately.

4 members like this post: flagboy55, Grocery Guy, OnTheHammer, tirespinner
2/26/24, 11:48 AM   #38
OnTheHammer

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ97 View Post
Last year the non USAC portion of the schedule was announced on Feb 28th. Facebook postings and other whispers are that one of the financial backers of the new promotion has backed out. Seems like if something was to happen in regards to any sort of regular schedule we’d find out within the next week. Seems like GC is on life support unfortunately.

Both GC and Montpelier seem to be on life support this season.

2/26/24, 6:07 PM   #39
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

With Kokomo just doing special events there seems to be a dirt track void in that section of Hoosierville.

2 members like this post: Ilovedirttrackracing, streetglider
2/27/24, 2:01 PM   #40
BrentTFunk

Why would anybody with money want to get involved, and deal with all that complaining? And on top of it probably lose money. A lot of the same people who complained raced at Gas City, and Montpelier. Am I the only one noticing a pattern?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Taking Over The Helm Of GC...