IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Terry N (Offline)
  #1 7/6/23 12:36 PM
Have all of the Indiana tracks adopted the USAC tire rules for their weekly races (non-wing sprint) or can you still run with the old tire rule. Lincoln Park, Bloomington, Lawrenceburg, Paragon namely.
The55 (Offline)
  #2 7/6/23 10:08 PM
They all have websites and I believe rules are posted there.
streetglider (Offline)
  #3 7/6/23 10:35 PM
Unfortunately I think Hoosier has monopolized all the Indiana tracks for sprint cars. I sure wish they would go back to the old ways of McCreary OR Hoosier !!!
4 Likes: nathans1012, PIT CART, tirespinner, TQ97
TQ97 (Offline)
  #4 7/6/23 11:25 PM
The Indiana weekly tracks other than Paragon follow a Hoosier only rule, but none of them have implemented the new tire design only. Paragon allows you to run anything though I haven’t seen an American racer sprint tire in quite a while. Another thing I’ve never seen, any official at any local track check what tires were actually on the cars.
2 Likes: PIT CART, tirespinner
Terry N (Offline)
  #5 7/7/23 6:08 AM
Thanks
OnTheHammer (Offline)
  #6 7/7/23 7:51 AM
Originally Posted by streetglider:
Unfortunately I think Hoosier has monopolized all the Indiana tracks for sprint cars. I sure wish they would go back to the old ways of McCreary OR Hoosier !!!

2 Likes: Nut'n but Dirt, Offroadrace_814
spankytoo (Offline)
  #7 7/7/23 4:23 PM
Originally Posted by TQ97:
The Indiana weekly tracks other than Paragon follow a Hoosier only rule, but none of them have implemented the new tire design only. Paragon allows you to run anything though I haven’t seen an American racer sprint tire in quite a while. Another thing I’ve never seen, any official at any local track check what tires were actually on the cars.
There are American Racers on sprint cars at Paragon.

If you look in your mirror and see a line of cars behind you, be kind and pull over.
3 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner, treecitytornado
TQ97 (Offline)
  #8 7/7/23 4:37 PM
Originally Posted by spankytoo:
There are American Racers on sprint cars at Paragon.
Good to know. Haven’t been there this year yet and when I was there in the past I guess I didn’t look close enough.