IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #1 7/11/22 4:42 PM
Let me first say Robert is a gasser and a lot of fun to watch,but man his interviews get old with his snide little comment’s,after the feature last night talking about track prep,he talks about how the track was different all three nights and tough to figure out,well last time I checked that’s what dirt racing is all about,if you want the same track every night ,run pavement.(I know pavement changes just not as much ) I will say kudos to the track prep guy who he voiced his concerns to ,he told him ,maybe he should go work on his car.��

JMO
7 Likes: Barry Hayes, Big Mike 7, grumpy racer, hoosier race fan, hoscalecody, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner
streetglider (Offline)
  #2 7/11/22 5:08 PM
You're correct, Ballou is a gasser. The dude works his ass off and has big kahunas. I personally love his interviews and personality. I am tired of the cookie cutter, politically correct interviews. He speaks his mind and calls it as he sees it... just as the classic Jack Hewitt, Tony Stewart , Steve Kinser and AJ Foyt did.
29 Likes: Adolph, bighd0522, Chief Wahoo, Clydesdale, Dale, Dirtfan, dkdorkboy, ginblueearth, Grocery Guy, Jerry Shaw, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, Midget98, nathans1012, oppweld, progressive22, racenut69, RACrappieman, rmr6nm, Russ, sc17x, Scott Daloisio, ShamrockRacin'48G, skids59, SOROKACH35FAN, Stevensville Mike, The Old Coyote, tigerone, tirespinner
ShamrockRacin'48G (Offline)
  #3 7/11/22 6:01 PM
Robert Ballou speaks his mind and I love it. I'll tell you what gets old, its people who become ruffled when someone says something they dont like, and feel the need to jump on a keyboard and complain. Ballou just dropped about $10k to go west and I for one appreciate that theres guys like him still willing to put their money where their mouth is...Go Hank!
19 Likes: Adolph, bighd0522, Dirtfan, dkdorkboy, ginblueearth, Grocery Guy, LUCKYONE, nathans1012, oppweld, PIT CART, progressive22, racenut69, SOROKACH35FAN, Stevensville Mike, TBONE, The Old Coyote, tigerone, tirespinner, TNRustler
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #4 7/11/22 7:08 PM
Heard it at Sun Prairie and now Huset’s. He’s done this throughout his career and it is getting old.
3 Likes: 2rock21, Big Mike 7, Heromaker
streetglider (Offline)
  #5 7/11/22 7:19 PM
Maybe Ballou should follow suit and reply “I would like to thank my dad for buying my ride and the crew guys for setting the car up perfectly , all I have to do is show up and steer the thing “.
5 Likes: oppweld, progressive22, ROSCO, tirespinner, yeleyfan76
RACrappieman (Offline)
  #6 7/11/22 7:46 PM
Do those kids even bother to thank their dads?😂
6 Likes: Clydesdale, dustbowl, oppweld, PIT CART, streetglider, tirespinner
yeleyfan76 (Offline)
  #7 7/11/22 8:37 PM
Originally Posted by interpreter66:
Let me first say Robert is a gasser and a lot of fun to watch,but man his interviews get old with his snide little comment’s,after the feature last night talking about track prep,he talks about how the track was different all three nights and tough to figure out,well last time I checked that’s what dirt racing is all about,if you want the same track every night ,run pavement.(I know pavement changes just not as much ) I will say kudos to the track prep guy who he voiced his concerns to ,he told him ,maybe he should go work on his car.��

JMO
Funny how you continue to listen to his interviews and think they would be different. You could choose not to listen. He gives 100% every time out just like the other teams do and expects the same from track prep. He says it every time. What would make you think he will change. Go Madman keep being you. He must be doing it right now that people are complaining. Since tires are in short supply and a percentage available are delaminating. Track prep that includes less abrasive surfaces that don’t rubber down would be a good thing about now. Just food for thought.
8 Likes: bighd0522, ginblueearth, Grocery Guy, nathans1012, oppweld, sc17x, streetglider, tirespinner
Rapid Rick (Offline)
  #8 7/11/22 8:40 PM
Tom Bigelow always started his interviews by thanking the fans for coming out. That never got old.
15 Likes: Big Mike 7, cmiracingvids, erich45, Ken Bonnema, msan16, oldfan49, oppweld, Pitdad, racegal, RACrappieman, ronmil, sc17x, tigerone, tirespinner, TNRustler
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #9 7/12/22 6:27 AM
Maybe the easiest solution is to:

A.Mute FLO if one is watching.
B.If at a track don't listen.
C. See A & B.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
7 Likes: Ilovedirttrackracing, mc/rider, oppweld, racenut69, tigerone, tirespinner, wildman92
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #10 7/12/22 6:56 AM
Turn the tables, PA Guy, Promotor or track prep guy gets on and interviews second place guy. I told him if he cut his mullett and beard he'd be more aerodynamic and would of won the race. then interviews third place driver. I told him if he switched to maxim and not a S box. Did another fifty pds of body prep, he'd of won the race. But no. He won't listen to me....

Charles Nungester