IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ballou
7/11/22, 4:42 PM   #1
Ballou
interpreter66

Let me first say Robert is a gasser and a lot of fun to watch,but man his interviews get old with his snide little comment’s,after the feature last night talking about track prep,he talks about how the track was different all three nights and tough to figure out,well last time I checked that’s what dirt racing is all about,if you want the same track every night ,run pavement.(I know pavement changes just not as much ) I will say kudos to the track prep guy who he voiced his concerns to ,he told him ,maybe he should go work on his car.��

JMO
Last edited by interpreter66; 7/11/22 at 4:44 PM.

7/11/22, 5:08 PM   #2
Re: Ballou
streetglider

You're correct, Ballou is a gasser. The dude works his ass off and has big kahunas. I personally love his interviews and personality. I am tired of the cookie cutter, politically correct interviews. He speaks his mind and calls it as he sees it... just as the classic Jack Hewitt, Tony Stewart , Steve Kinser and AJ Foyt did.

7/11/22, 6:01 PM   #3
ShamrockRacin'48G

Robert Ballou speaks his mind and I love it. I'll tell you what gets old, its people who become ruffled when someone says something they dont like, and feel the need to jump on a keyboard and complain. Ballou just dropped about $10k to go west and I for one appreciate that theres guys like him still willing to put their money where their mouth is...Go Hank!

7/11/22, 7:08 PM   #4
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Heard it at Sun Prairie and now Huset’s. He’s done this throughout his career and it is getting old.

3 members like this post: 2rock21, Big Mike 7, Heromaker
7/11/22, 7:19 PM   #5
streetglider

Maybe Ballou should follow suit and reply “I would like to thank my dad for buying my ride and the crew guys for setting the car up perfectly , all I have to do is show up and steer the thing “.

5 members like this post: oppweld, progressive22, ROSCO, tirespinner, yeleyfan76
7/11/22, 7:46 PM   #6
RACrappieman

Do those kids even bother to thank their dads?😂

6 members like this post: Clydesdale, dustbowl, oppweld, PIT CART, streetglider, tirespinner
7/11/22, 8:37 PM   #7
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpreter66 View Post
Let me first say Robert is a gasser and a lot of fun to watch,but man his interviews get old with his snide little comment’s,after the feature last night talking about track prep,he talks about how the track was different all three nights and tough to figure out,well last time I checked that’s what dirt racing is all about,if you want the same track every night ,run pavement.(I know pavement changes just not as much ) I will say kudos to the track prep guy who he voiced his concerns to ,he told him ,maybe he should go work on his car.��

JMO
Funny how you continue to listen to his interviews and think they would be different. You could choose not to listen. He gives 100% every time out just like the other teams do and expects the same from track prep. He says it every time. What would make you think he will change. Go Madman keep being you. He must be doing it right now that people are complaining. Since tires are in short supply and a percentage available are delaminating. Track prep that includes less abrasive surfaces that don’t rubber down would be a good thing about now. Just food for thought.

7/11/22, 8:40 PM   #8
Rapid Rick

Tom Bigelow always started his interviews by thanking the fans for coming out. That never got old.

7/12/22, 6:27 AM   #9
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Maybe the easiest solution is to:

A.Mute FLO if one is watching.
B.If at a track don't listen.
C. See A & B.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

7/12/22, 6:56 AM   #10
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Turn the tables, PA Guy, Promotor or track prep guy gets on and interviews second place guy. I told him if he cut his mullett and beard he'd be more aerodynamic and would of won the race. then interviews third place driver. I told him if he switched to maxim and not a S box. Did another fifty pds of body prep, he'd of won the race. But no. He won't listen to me....

1 member likes this post: rick42
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ballou