IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA 40 Strong in Opener
4/19/16, 10:13 PM   #11
MMSA

The rule stands, because it does make some difference. This issue has been rectified with the car owner and the competition director and it is time to move on. We at the MMSA strive to make the playing field as even as possible and although some may not understand why we have the rules I'm fairly certain the 40 plus cars that raced with us this past weekend do. I am also certain they appreciate us upholding those rules. The driver in question will return and I'm sure he will be successful, no one is taking that away from him.
As we have written in our rule book racing with this great series isn't a right it is a privilege, if you don't agree with operational specifications of the series then you do not have to participate.

See you at the races!

4/19/16, 10:29 PM   #12
Re: MMSA 40 Strong in Opener
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB31 View Post
I have never understood this rule. Who cares how many gears are in the tranny? I do not get that rule at all. Let em race
Steve

The rule originated I think up at 35 Speedway in Chillicothe Ohio. Tony the owner had a neat and very efficient way of teching the cars. He would bring the top 4 cars into an impound area. We would raise the cars off the ground, remove a spark plug and disconnect the fuel line at the carb. He would then Pump out a fuel sample and check it. Then he would check the bore and stroke and last but not least he would then check the trans for all the gears weigh them and move them out. We didn't do that at any other track that we ever raced at.

But the problem is Right Now this is the rule and that means you have to play by the rules no matter how dumb you may think the rule is and these guys knew the rules.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 4/20/16 at 9:12 AM.

4/19/16, 11:58 PM   #13
rightfootrampage

As much as y'all want to argue stock is stock. That's what it means. If we wanted to modify these cars we would call it D2 and get blown out of the water by ecotechs. And Suzuki as far as your grammar goes, your intelligence seems to match it.

4/20/16, 12:34 AM   #14
dirtrack

A lot of us use to take gears out in the old days, when it was legal. Trust me, it made a difference. It is a good rule IMO. Many folks today don't work on their own motor. Keeps people from having to spend money to not feel disadvantaged. The results would have likely been the same even if the gears were in place. A DQ is a bad deal for everyone, but has to be done.

2 members like this post: DAD, KYRON
4/20/16, 10:58 AM   #15
Backitin

"Many folks don't work on their own motor"
That's one of the reasons why racing got out of hand, nobody works on their own motor. (if they did they would know they were working on a engine)
Its too late to go back now, most everyone is technically stupid these days. Too uninformed to do something as easy as removing a couple gears.
If you cant buy it at the store it's pretty much illegal.
If the rules say you need all your gears, there you go. Thems the rules. I couldn't race my car there Its a two speed.

2 members like this post: bn kleen, Unlucky#9
4/20/16, 7:05 PM   #16
garv44

I guess keeping all of the gears in the transmission is part of keeping things stock. It's been the rule since I started racing in the mid 90's.

4/20/16, 10:00 PM   #17
hoscalecody

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightfootrampage View Post
As much as y'all want to argue stock is stock. That's what it means. If we wanted to modify these cars we would call it D2 and get blown out of the water by ecotechs. And Suzuki as far as your grammar goes, your intelligence seems to match it.
At least at US 24 we had 5 cars 2 cars bike powered 1 was me, 1 Ecotech, 1 Quad 4, and 1 TQ in both heat and main it was the bike powered cars I came 2nd in both heat and Main with a 05 GSXR 750 1st was some 1000cc. In the Heat the 1000cc car dusted us all and the other 4 of us had a good battle until the Ecotech's throttle stuck wide open. In the main I was able to keep up with the 1000cc car until it just got to tight for me and I was about a straightaway ahead of 3rd but that was a 1/8th mile track.

2 members like this post: Avon Open Wheel fan, mudracer98
4/21/16, 7:59 AM   #18
Backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoscalecody View Post
At least at US 24 we had 5 cars 2 cars bike powered 1 was me, 1 Ecotech, 1 Quad 4, and 1 TQ in both heat and main it was the bike powered cars I came 2nd in both heat and Main with a 05 GSXR 750 1st was some 1000cc. In the Heat the 1000cc car dusted us all and the other 4 of us had a good battle until the Ecotech's throttle stuck wide open. In the main I was able to keep up with the 1000cc car until it just got to tight for me and I was about a straightaway ahead of 3rd but that was a 1/8th mile track.
You have a good outlook towards your racing.
Somebody racing for just the fun of it, imagine that.

1 member likes this post: Avon Open Wheel fan
4/22/16, 1:02 AM   #19
SteveB31

I was not bashing the MMSA series at all. You have one of the best lightning sprint series anywhere. I run a stock ZX10 straight out of the bike, and have no desire to remove any of the gears. I'm one that still believes these 1000cc engines last much longer left as they were put together by the guys in Japan. I just have a hard time seeing that removing a few gears makes much hp difference. If it does, the I guess the rule is a good rule. Since I only run stock motors, I would never know.

2 members like this post: DAD, minisprintracing
4/28/16, 5:51 AM   #20
mudracer98

Who would I contact to find out if my 1000cc car would be eligible to run with the class that was at us24?
Last edited by mudracer98; 4/28/16 at 5:53 AM.

1 member likes this post: Avon Open Wheel fan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA 40 Strong in Opener