IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington sold?
6/14/18, 12:25 AM   #11
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

From what I understand,there are 3 years left on the lease,track is Grandfathered.
We as a racing community need to support Blmgtn Speedway,I know about the schedule,logistic challenges,I may or may like this or that on how the track is run.
I still go,yes I'm 30 minutes away,know the backroads,shortcuts etc.
Once something is gone its gone,trust me I know personally.
There's another track north of me that may be in its final year if no one purchases it,we don't want that either.
IMO and to quote a dear friend,unless someone has solid intell,I would consider Blmgtn Speedway being sold as
"Fake News"

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

6/14/18, 6:40 AM   #12
Re: Bloomington sold?
BrentTFunk

I have no information, but would think if it ever is sold it would be for more money than a golf course could generate, even owned by IU.

6/14/18, 10:10 AM   #13
Hamilton71

Mitchell family has not sold the property and do not look to sell the property. Hopefully it remains for many years to come. Needs all our support from fans and racers to make that happen no matter who holds the lease.

7 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, Great Scott, Jerry Shaw, ronmil, smith19, wildman92
6/14/18, 11:44 AM   #14
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton71 View Post
Mitchell family has not sold the property and do not look to sell the property. Hopefully it remains for many years to come. Needs all our support from fans and racers to make that happen no matter who holds the lease.
That's good news. I've been really looking forward to to the Indiana Sprint Week date at the track. Especially since I'm just a few weeks removed from seeing maybe the best race I've ever seen there.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, dirt330, oppweld, smith19
6/14/18, 3:20 PM   #15
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
That's good news. I've been really looking forward to to the Indiana Sprint Week date at the track. Especially since I'm just a few weeks removed from seeing maybe the best race I've ever seen there.

Jerry
Had people at the little 500 telling me how good the Burton race was. Did that last year then the 500 but didn't get any sleep trying to camp so didn't this year. Seeings how I just got out of 800 dollars in fines at court. I'll probably make three in a row. THAT, LPS and Bloomington for Sprnt Week will $$$ left over.

6/14/18, 11:18 PM   #16
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Ahhhhh, fake news strikes again.

4 members like this post: Dirtfan, dshort36, i love dirt track racing, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington sold?