IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Puzzle Junkies
12/25/16, 10:37 PM   #2
ChanceDHolley

Race Count This Year: 31
Race Count Last Year: 35

Dad always told me about puzzles that were sold at KC (Atomic) in the 80s, he always regretted not getting the Jeff Gordon one. Out of curiosity I looked it up a few years ago, turns out it's the most rare Jeff Gordon collectible ever, only 9 still in existence. Figures.

12/27/16, 2:46 PM   #3
Re: Puzzle Junkies
dirtball

Thanx for posting, much appreciated.

12/28/16, 1:06 AM   #4
Blackduce

What are the Jeff Gordon puzzles worth?

Lynn

12/28/16, 7:32 AM   #5
TommyTipover

I have one of those puzzles, still unopened. It is a 100 piece puzzle of Jeff at K-C Raceway in the yellow 16. Bought it at a flea market for $6.00 many years ago. I also have one of Jeff's Fan Club newsletters that states there were only 100 made. No one could have known about me having this puzzle, so the figure of only 9 left in existence is bogus.

1 member likes this post: fish
12/28/16, 8:26 AM   #6
ChanceDHolley

Race Count This Year: 31
Race Count Last Year: 35

I'm having trouble finding the link I found years ago, but you're probably right about the nine figure being bogus. The link I read said 4 or 5 were in Jeff's collection and 4 or 5 were known in private collections if I recall correctly. With only 100 being made there can't be too many left.

Edit- Lynn: probably a few hundred dollars. I don't think you're sitting on retirement level money if you have one. I'm no appraiser though, so take that with a grain of salt.
Last edited by ChanceDHolley; 12/28/16 at 8:33 AM.

12/31/16, 8:11 PM   #8
K9Racer

There was another one that came out at the same time ( I assume). They were made here in Lafayette, In at Warren products. The "New and the Best" was the title of the other one. A salesman from there new that I raced and introduced himself and,long story short, came back a few days later and gave me two of the Gordons and two of the others. Company is no longer here. Names and cars on the other are: Fred Linder, Randy Ford, Kelly Kinser, Mr. Rick Ferkel, Kenny Jacobs, Robby Nervo, Joe Gaerte, Todd Vance, and Mike Zeiter. Pretty Neat! IMO

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
1/6/17, 3:53 PM   #9
Rob11

Love these puzzles!

1 member likes this post: mc/rider
1/10/17, 9:49 AM   #10
Rob11

Btt

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Puzzle Junkies